Overnight Stay At Calais Needed

4tune

We return back to the UK from Calais at 6.40 am, problem is most sites state you cannot leave before a set time. To prevent wakening other campers I suppose.

Has anyone any ideas where we can stay overnight and get to the ferry terminal in sufficient time to get the 6.40am service.

Member No
RV Type
Fifth Wheel - KountryLite 26RL
RV Experience
We always use Chateau Gandspette.
Not cheap admittedly, but..........
1/ there's a vet close by for our cats jabs
2/ It's a very nice site that makes a good start and end to the holiday
3/ its easy to get to and access
4 There is a seperate area, away from the main camping area which will accomodate RV's (and our 5ver). Wouldn't matter what time of day/night you left there cos no ones gonna hear you.
For the past couple of years, we've felt guilty at leaving at 6am (approx) but EVERY time, when we're getting ready to leave, 3 or 4 other units are already on the move.:thumbup:

HTH

Member No
RV Type
A class pusher
Model
Damon Challenger 348 MTL
RV Experience
Hi we always stay at oye plage , or gravelines both free and safe. failing that drive up to bray dunes its pretty and safe and free. have a good safe trip

Olley

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
A
Model
Winnebago Brave 31'
RV Experience
Last edited:
Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
previously georgie boy cruismaster royale ,h/r vactioner ,current monaco cayman
RV Experience
about 10 yrs
Olleys right one of the easiest ways is to go to the departures car park and sleep the night they have security patrols in fact when i go that way im usually on the late ferrys going out of dover when i get to calais i go round the roundabout and re enter the docks (departures car park) and stay there the night

R

Runrig

Hi,

We always stay on the big car park at the marine, never had any trouble at all, many other motorhomes now park there.

Mick

P

PeteH

Calais Stop?

Hi

In the Village of Marquise about 20miles out of Calais is an "Aire" It`s about a 30min drive in the "bus" from the port, We have used it and its was quiet and safe (We stayed about 3 nights in 4" of snow!!, on electric and paid) but over-night is Free/Cheap.

Come off the A16 at Exit 7 and turn towards Marquise, continue into the village and it is on the right. The Aire itself is outside a campsite, through the car park I had 31ft plus toad in there OK .

Pete

M

motorvating

I know this is a late post, but it is relevant.

As you drive from the Car ferry towards the port you come to a roundabout that you have to turn left at that takes you to the Aires on the sea front. On this roundabout there is a large car park where there was at least 200 motorhomes parked up for the night, and it is free. I spoke to a few GB motorhomers who said they did not know if they would be allowed to stop overnight, but when I drove by early hours to get the ferry there was even more parked up.

I think there are more motorhomes using Calais parking spaces then are available.

Back