Not been around lately

RV Neal

Subscriber
Only thing is it wouldn't stop there I did phone up the council about having the kerb dropped to do this and the paper work I had to download was stupid let alone having a lamp post moved a couple of meters to one side. The last time I had a kerb dropped by Babergh District Council it was a phone call a simple form to fill out and return with a cheque in the post, but here in Warwickshire it seems it's not so easy....
I was hoping a boy racer would come around and take the post out but they always seem to skid off 20 or 30 yard further down the road
Could soon have given the council lads a good drink if they happened to put it back a few feet to one side
Kent County Council is also a complicated process. And BLOODY expensive!! Ten times what the job should really cost because KCC only licence a few contractors to do drop kerbs for them and so they can charge whatever they want. And he did!!

Gareth62

Subscriber
Kent County Council is also a complicated process. And BLOODY expensive!! Ten times what the job should really cost because KCC only licence a few contractors to do drop kerbs for them and so they can charge whatever they want. And he did!!
Yes same system here but when we lived in Ipswich the council did it themselves, may well have changed now as it was 20 yrs ago

car1966

Subscriber
Its all to do with elf and safety council passing the buck, and putting all blame on said contractors if anything goes wrong,
Many moons ago we use to do some of that work as we put in new roads and sewers in ,
And the problem was a lot to do with the motorist who couldn't and wouldn't slow down at road works, we would put out road signs out and cones, and the times they was knocked over uncountable, so what with us that has not slowed down and elf and safety
We are all paying for it , except the bloody council, rant over, have a good day.

Olley

Subscriber
I am at a similar stage with my shed with the roof covered with two tarps, and can't make my mind up over roof covering felt, steel, rubber or corrugated bitumen whats your thoughts @Gareth62

Olley

Subscriber
Getting a guy around tomorrow for a quote for pour on felt roofing, most of the diy methods are £400-£700 depending on what your using but I suspect he's going to be more. Roof is roughly 8x3 metres.

Gareth62

Subscriber
Well do I have a story for you.....
If you had been following this thread and wondered why I've not been updating it of late heres why....

I had been told to down tools and stop work

Around 3 weeks ago I had a letter from the council alleging I had extended my conservatory, built an garage extension and now I was building an outhouse and it all broke planning regs.

Some bastard neighbour had written in and complained about me more than likely the same twat that wrote in about me having a caravan then again when we got a bigger caravan and once more when we bought the RV but nothing they could do about it.

Next day I rang the council and was really nice on the phone and I had a good chat with the enforcement officer, he explained about the compliant

I had to send in photos they got back asking for some more, I explained I had checked the regulations and everything was inline and I didn't need planning two weeks later and many emails back and forth today I had an email from the planning officer saying it was all approved and I could carry on fantastic news especially on my birthday whoop whoop

Now Ive been in the building trade for over 40 years now and I'm pretty up on building regs and planning so I was fairly confident about the out come as the buildings where in short both:

Under 2.5 metres and
Took up less than 50% of my land
Didn't cross and boundaries or cause any blind spot to traffic
Looked in keeping with the neighbourhood
And built to code..

But there was alway that doubt I had tripped up somewhere

I'm pretty sure who it is but no proof.

It either the twat over the road that complained about the caravan
The folks around the corner I upset when their dog sh*t on the pavement and they never cleaned it up
Or some mystery guy that had a drone hovering over my garden of late.

Daybreaker

Subscriber
Gareth good for you now go and buy or borrow two huge dogs and leave their pooh all over there drives.
Had new carpets fitted once and a dog owner let his dog shit on my path. I posted it back through his letterbox (y)