Not been around lately

Gareth62

Subscriber
Have not been around here lately as I have been busy during the lock down, I have been returning to my trade as a chippy.

you may remember me posting photos of the dogs prints in concrete base as I was laying the concrete Well I’ve been making a new shed / man cave / Hobby room clean workshop games room.

E251BF84-73A2-4ADA-8E6A-43E31F782EA9.jpeg
4BF66870-07E8-4342-9ED6-F9A043EBD9D1.jpeg
807B60FE-5880-44E3-A701-3E00C6DA0A68.jpegAAB3551F-AA9F-469B-A842-56EB90FF8348.jpeg4A4953D1-9103-4B6C-A68C-615D0835F7B4.jpeg21D33A3C-D75D-4EA9-812B-21FEC3E0CEB6.jpeg
image.jpg

Last edited:

Gareth62

Subscriber
RV Neal
Had thought about using it for the RV as perfect size for it.
BUT there’s a lamp post in the way and it would have meant having it moved

This part of the garden was a waste of time constantly in shade when we had grass there it was like a quagmire even after fitting land drains, the grass was always poor.... So pulled down the old shed and got stuck in with this....

EE49AB07-BD70-4CAF-A574-AE79227819B2.jpeg

The roof was coming on a treat until I got an infection in my leg now on antibiotics and was running a 40.1 fever

Stuck inside resting now

A104C610-95B1-473C-B4B0-15F837E4220F.jpeg

IMG_3271.JPG

Last edited:

Uncle Tony

Subscriber
RV Neal

This part of the garden was a waste of time constantly in shade when we had grass there it was like a quagmire even after fitting land drains, the grass was always poor.... So pulled down the old shed and got stuck in with this....

View attachment 27514

The roof was coming on a treat until I got an infection in my leg now on antibiotics and was running a 40.1 fever

Stuck inside resting now

View attachment 27515
I have the same on both legs. Compression stockings for the rest of my life. Carry emergency flucloxicilin stock.

RV Neal

Subscriber
RV Neal

View attachment 27514

Stuck inside resting now

View attachment 27515
I see. I saw a video on a forum some years back where a bloke moved a lamp post that was blocking access to his newly-built driveway. He did it himself and he did a proper job too. No-one on the council noticed!

Take care of that leg; running a temperature of 40 plus must be a bit scary in these Covid-19 times. But, no alcohol is even ore scary!! :sweating:

Gareth62

Subscriber
I see. I saw a video on a forum some years back where a bloke moved a lamp post that was blocking access to his newly-built driveway. He did it himself and he did a proper job too. No-one on the council noticed!

Take care of that leg; running a temperature of 40 plus must be a bit scary in these Covid-19 times. But, no alcohol is even ore scary!! :sweating:
Only thing is it wouldn't stop there I did phone up the council about having the kerb dropped to do this and the paper work I had to download was stupid let alone having a lamp post moved a couple of meters to one side. The last time I had a kerb dropped by Babergh District Council it was a phone call a simple form to fill out and return with a cheque in the post, but here in Warwickshire it seems it's not so easy....
I was hoping a boy racer would come around and take the post out but they always seem to skid off 20 or 30 yard further down the road
Could soon have given the council lads a good drink if they happened to put it back a few feet to one side

Last edited:

Gareth62

Subscriber
Just a bit it did rain last night so good job we fitted the tarpaulin

The other night although weather said no rain just wind we left the first quarter we had boarded out, then at 2 in the morning it started raining. So I got out of bed shot down into the garage and grabbed a tarp.

On my Tod in the wind and rain I had to do a temp job in the pitch dark, sh*tt*ng myself in case I missed my footing and came crashing though the open joists covered over by a wild flapping tarp, also hoping the police weren’t patrolling the area at that time, dripping with sweat had a shower and back in bed for 3:10
Got woken again at 4am with the tarp flapping and lifting in the middle around 6ft high so this time I chucked a load of timber on top to stop the flapping this did the job got back to bed around 5am, woke in the morning to find everything wet but all the roof bone dry.

As you see in the video roof is done and the tarp refitted this time it took five of us to hold it down with the kids acting mostly as paper weights while I fixed it down nice and tight.

Next instalment next week sometime when we do the felting