Newmar Ventana

Shantygod

Has anybody got experience of aNewmar Ventana? Particularly a 2013 model at Signature. I read good reports about them on the forum. Thanks for your help.

johnpengers

Subscriber
Love it !......Well built and the finish is lovely(y)
All you have to do is go and buy it ;). I also like that Phaeton too.
Good choice.(y).

Pedro1122

Subscriber
Love it !......Well built and the finish is lovely(y)
All you have to do is go and buy it ;). I also like that Phaeton too.
Good choice.(y).
Phaeton is lovely! They just got a 2016 winnebago vista 29v when I was there last week. Been told its up for £80k

onan

Subscriber
Brochure lengths show Phaeton to be just under 2 foot longer. Always measure as stated RV lengths are often inaccurate.

I believe the Phaeton ISC 360 changed to DEF in 2010 from the low sulfur version, so check out the engine. I know on US Monaco forums the low sulfur engine prior to DEF was problematical, although our resident Cummins expert will tell all.

My Cummins ISL 400 was built many months before the coach as Monaco bought up all the “old” engines as they believed the next generation of low sulfur engines could have problems.

The Newmar is a great coach, but layout very usually wins.

Shantygod

Thanks for all the feedback so far. Really helpful. I currently have a 30 ft European. How restrictive is the extra size?

Chris S-S

Subscriber
In Europe not a major issue but in the UK some Caravan Club sites say no. The extra water and electric you will use so some will let you but charge more!

johnpengers

Subscriber
In my opinion 36 ft max ok,Over that and you are restricting where you can go if you want to use Caravan club sites etc.If you are a hardened rallier then sky's the limit as more often than not you're parked in a bloody great field.
For us one big consideration is where to park the thing......Again,personally I couldn't keep my pride and joy in a compound so that might have a bearing on what size you can have.
There will be members who disagree with me but that's the beauty of this forum.(y)

adi4

Subscriber
I believe the Phaeton ISC 360 changed to DEF in 2010 from the low sulfur version, so check out the engine. I know on US Monaco forums the low sulfur engine prior to DEF was problematical, although our resident Cummins expert will tell all.
The engines are basically the same ( which ever way you look at it a Cummins engine is a million mile engine ) what changes is vnt turbo, egr and particulate and various combinations of the above.

Some of the early VNT turbo's had problems with the electronic actuators failing.

I can also backward engineer any of the Cummins engines, for example the engine that I have put in mine was a Euro5 out of a 2009 Daf, running Ad blue, I am now running another calibration and non VNT turbo so basically it is now a Euro 3.

Shantygod

In my opinion 36 ft max ok,Over that and you are restricting where you can go if you want to use Caravan club sites etc.If you are a hardened rallier then sky's the limit as more often than not you're parked in a bloody great field.
For us one big consideration is where to park the thing......Again,personally I couldn't keep my pride and joy in a compound so that might have a bearing on what size you can have.
There will be members who disagree with me but that's the beauty of this forum.(y)
I agree. I reckon with a bit of remodelling I can get a 36 ft in my drive. Much bigger could be a real struggle.

Shantygod

Well if you can do that have a look at the Allegro Bus at Empire RV(y).
I was in there last Wednesday and saw her in the flesh......Fabulous inside and out.James had a real struggle getting me out of it !!!....(y).Certainly worth the trip down and a lovely part of the country to visit too.:)
I had seen that on the web. Is it a full electric coach?