New oven needed

gillsden

We have a 2007 Ford Coachman and the original Apollo oven has been removed and replaced with a small Thetford which does not heat the food but burns everything, we would like a new Apollo oven or half time convection microwave but UK parts suppliers say they do not ship them in now as they would arrive damaged.
Can you buy replacement ovens at all in the UK or does anyone supply good used original stuff, we have only had our RV sine July 2018 so new to this .

sundowner

Subscriber
We have fitted two Thetford cookers and find them excellent----- FAR better than the original American in oñe and the smev/dometic in the other---- strange that you find yours so bad????------(bought in UK)

lee and sheryl

Subscriber
If your oven is not cooking everything even we were told to put a pizza oven stone in the bottom of the oven by other members on here and it works fine now it cooks perfectly in it now and far cheaper than a new oven.

gillsden

I never got to try the original over as it was removed just before we bought it but I find the Thetford very slow to cook or it will just burn the top of food and not heat it up, the grill takes about 15 mins to lightly toast bread may be ours has a fault what are the Smev / Dometic like also we need 24 inch oven

gillsden

I will try the pizza stone as I can see how that would help distribute heat but might bite the bullet and try a new oven as Jason suggested it is a shame you can not get one of the half time ovens from the states 24 inches and slots straight in !

WESTIES ON TOUR

Subscriber
I never got to try the original over as it was removed just before we bought it but I find the Thetford very slow to cook or it will just burn the top of food and not heat it up, the grill takes about 15 mins to lightly toast bread may be ours has a fault what are the Smev / Dometic like also we need 24 inch oven
You might struggle to buy the same size oven, the oven I have just fitted the width and lenth was pretty much the same, but the depth totally different and i had to loose my bottom drawn.

Attachments

chatter

my uk one works great, its a three quarter size one with 4 burners, seperate grill and oven and sits above the furnace unit, i provided one of the links Westies put on when he was after a replacement unit