Needing somewhere to self isolate on return from France ( Problem solved thanks everyone)

Preacher man

Subscriber
Hi all, we are full time in our Winnebago Siteseer
we have a problem, I wonder if anyone has any bright ideas. We are returning from France on Sunday 22nd. We had booked on a site near Newhaven to self isolate. They contacted us today and said they are closed and have cancelled our booking. The club sites will not allow us on as they will not take people isolating. Other sites we have looked at are also closed. We tried air b and b not taking bookings. We have to provide an address where we will be isolating our postal address is my Sisters house, we cannot stay there! We could stay near to that address, as there is a parking spot not far away but it will be tough with no electric, our solar isn’t enough in English winter, and we are not sure the authorities will accept it.
anyone else had this problem?
do you know of anywhere that is open and would take us?
grateful for any ideas

Preacher man

Subscriber
Have a look at Carvynick.What you could do with is a fully serviced pitch so you can be totally self contained.
They are situated just outside Newquay so might be a bit far down for you.
Or.......give Bagwell Farm a ring.(y)
Thanks Cornwall isn’t a option, Bagwell farm says 8 meters max we are 9.44 thanks though!

Preacher man

Subscriber
There's a CL site in Kent that we use, I'm sure that if I spoke to the owner, she would let you stay there for a couple of weeks, but it's on grass & with the recent crap weather, I'm not sure what the ground is like. It's 5 minutes from the A2 near Gravesend.
Thanks very kind offer I know it sounds like I’m being fussy but grass in wet weather is a nightmare especially as we would be sat for two weeks.

Preacher man

Subscriber
Ive asked Upper Hurst Farm they are usually quite liberal but they say no as the villagers have been moaning
Get Steve Martins list of laybys:) Or try "Park for the night"
We do have a spot we could go to but as I say no water and power would be difficult to make two weeks. We may have to though.

Preacher man

Subscriber
Approaching your problem from the other end - is it possible for you to delay your return by a week (or more)?

That would mean your arrival would be within a week of GB 'unlocking' and would make your stay 'off grid' easier and might also give additional options of GB sites.
Good thought unfortunately France is locked down also so limited for places here some aires are closed, plus the reason for return is service and MOT we would still need to isolate for a fortnight we could rearrange but it starts to get close to Christmas holidays. Plus UK rules on sites may not change immediately anyway.

Steve Martin

Subscriber
I have stayed at Bagwell Farm and I am 12m.
I will be floating around in my bubble from Friday as the house sale will be completed.
I will be in the Devon area but as always I am not fussy about EHU and will be using my extensive list of lay-bys and truck stops.
I will be in touch if I find a suitable site for you..(y)

motor roamin

Subscriber
Hi Garry,

Try Duncan star spangled spanner he may be able to get you on plotts Farm Lincoln, if you are really stuck not ideal but I can fit you in the yard at work and supply hook up, as you know our yard is far from a nice place to stop and dumping is a problem but as a last resort I am here if you need help (y)