Motorcycle rack

Lenny

Subscriber
Dick newey Coventry has a bike rack made to carry 2 monkey bikes he is on hear somewhere I have his number if interested
Deffo interested,funny you say that cos a workmate of mine said he saw an RV with double stacked scooters on the back.
How could that be ?

tacr2man

Subscriber
Thing to watch is departure angle , so you don't ground rear of rack , and try and have it as close to rear panel as possible to minimise swing out and weight leverage over rear axle . Dont just rely on centre (tow ball) mount especially if scooter which can be rear heavy . HTSH :)

Lenny

Subscriber
Thing to watch is departure angle , so you don't ground rear of rack , and try and have it as close to rear panel as possible to minimise swing out and weight leverage over rear axle . Dont just rely on centre (tow ball) mount especially if scooter which can be rear heavy . HTSH :)
Thanks Tarcr2man , I was concerned about the towball mount and was thinking about bringing 2 shafts direct from the rear of the chassis and building from them so it may be back to the drawing board.
I've also toyed with the idea of adapting a wheelchair lift that you see in ambulance's , apparently they are good for 250kg

tacr2man

Subscriber
Thanks Tarcr2man , I was concerned about the towball mount and was thinking about bringing 2 shafts direct from the rear of the chassis and building from them so it may be back to the drawing board.
I've also toyed with the idea of adapting a wheelchair lift that you see in ambulance's , apparently they are good for 250kg
I welded 2 extra reciver tubes onto the rear towbar , at the chassis rail ends and then used two easylifter hydraulic platforms joined together , it worked really well and carried a Burgman 400 with ease and was quick to use . To get max lift it was mounted so that just reached floor level with air suspension dropped . P1010584.JPG