MOT...Yahoooooooo !

Dundiving

Subscriber
Hi, took my 1991 Safari Trek to a 'commercial' garage for a 'Pre-MOT' Check......Not Good Prognosis,....Every Ball Joint/ Bush/Bearing/Rod end in a dangerous condition !...and £100 invoice for the privilege !....Took it to another 'Commercial' Garage Just North of Bodmin which specializes in Coaches,....Sailed through the Test,...Everything Fine and in good condition !
How can 2 'Commercial' garages be so Different?

Dundiving

Subscriber
I can Highly Recommend 'Group Travel' Bodmin....They just re-aligned the alternator on my Trek, after experiencing Very High Belt wear (500 miles new to Bootlace) which involved alternator removal and fitting shims/washers on bolts and adjuster bracket....£63 ! ...(inc the dreaded vat)...Most garages charge that just to open their doors !

paul&debra

Subscriber
Hi, took my 1991 Safari Trek to a 'commercial' garage for a 'Pre-MOT' Check......Not Good Prognosis,....Every Ball Joint/ Bush/Bearing/Rod end in a dangerous condition !...and £100 invoice for the privilege !....Took it to another 'Commercial' Garage Just North of Bodmin which specializes in Coaches,....Sailed through the Test,...Everything Fine and in good condition !
How can 2 'Commercial' garages be so Different?
You will probably run out of posting availability soon. You will need to click on your name, in the blue bar at the top of the page, click account upgrade, pay your £10 and become a subscriber.