MOT time once more

RV Neal

Subscriber
The outer lights are "position or end-outline marker lamps" & must be white, headlamps may have a mask to correct the beam pattern.

View attachment 26258

View attachment 26259
Apologies to all. I must have been given duff information for many years by many different MOT testers! For the last thirty years I've been told that headlights should aim correctly without the use of masks and, two years ago, I asked specifically about the high level marker lights at the front and was told "they're auxiliary lights and not testable". It just shows you how informative this forum is! I stand corrected.

RV Neal

Subscriber
Or rather how misinformed some MOT testers are, even though it's all there for them to read/check if unsure.
Regarding the high-level front markers I don't really want them to read/check too much! However, if push comes to shove, I will fit a couple of those "sticky-out" markers on the top front corners and feed them from the outer amber markers. You know the ones; they show white to the front and red to the rear.

WESTIES ON TOUR

Subscriber
Regarding the high-level front markers I don't really want them to read/check too much! However, if push comes to shove, I will fit a couple of those "sticky-out" markers on the top front corners and feed them from the outer amber markers. You know the ones; they show white to the front and red to the rear.
You mean these.