MOT time once more

Gareth62

Subscriber
Spoke to Ford and Slater today (one of my customers and suppliers) lost MOT on change over after buying out Nodens and somebody filled the paperwork in wrong lol, will be up and running in the next two weeks and Gary is staying so the status quo will be resumed (y)
Told me could be 2 days 2 weeks or 2 months he had no idea how long they will take

motor roamin

Subscriber
Told me could be 2 days 2 weeks or 2 months he had no idea how long they will take
I went to the top Garry so it should be the correct information if DVSA don't begger about as it was only an administrative error that prevented the smooth change over with no closure of the station, some jobs worth at DVSA no doubt.

Gareth62

Subscriber
I went to the top Garry so it should be the correct information if DVSA don't begger about as it was only an administrative error that prevented the smooth change over with no closure of the station, some jobs worth at DVSA no doubt.
Same here Rick I spoke to Gary

Gareth62

Subscriber
Sitting at mot place now got here early have a nice coffee

Feels like waiting at the dentist or sitting outside the headmasters office at school, no better one than that, sitting at Ricks waiting for your driving test.

Have let this one slip, test and tax run out today. Opps
Normally like to get it done with 2 or 3 weeks to go

Last edited:

Gareth62

Subscriber
Right here we go:

She Failed
Front indicator not working (has been working all year and yesterday when I went all around checking)
Head light aim incorrect
Rear brakes low effort

So guy told me to bring her around for a retest.

He stuck some gaffer tape over the head light
Fitted a new bulb (No charge)
Then admitted he had put brake weights down wrong as a 12 Tonne not 7.5Tonne

Passed

With one minor: Running lights above cab wrong colour... Amber not white
Then told me to get the tape off ASAP so it didn't mess up the lens...

Red tape and bureaucracy gone mad...

Light2.JPGLight 1.JPG

Tax done as well now thats me for another year........... :party::cool:
Insurance next to sort

Last edited:

RV Neal

Subscriber
Running lights above the cab (high level marker lights) are not testable and so should not be an advisory. They are "auxiliary" lights and don't feature in an MOT test. You should perhaps find another testing station that knows what it's doing. Gaffer tape on headlights does not represent a legal MOT pass! Dear oh dear. :(

shovelheadrob

Subscriber
Running lights above the cab (high level marker lights) are not testable and so should not be an advisory. They are "auxiliary" lights and don't feature in an MOT test. You should perhaps find another testing station that knows what it's doing. Gaffer tape on headlights does not represent a legal MOT pass! Dear oh dear. :(
The outer lights are "position or end-outline marker lamps" & must be white, headlamps may have a mask to correct the beam pattern.

Paul Michael

Subscriber
Adi4 for mots they suss out any problems before or after. You won’t “fail” to be impressed by their service as it’s the best in the west. Worth a trip and stay at bagwell farm as well(y)
Yes I can 2nd that. ADi does a great job. Also good old Bagwell farm with the nice shower block! (y)

Gareth62

Subscriber
I'll be back to my normal MOT station next year, there was no quibble about any lights and no need for gaffer tape.
Bit of a panic this year as I messed up on dates, we bought RV on the 17th Feb 2018 and it was MOT'ed for us 2 days before on the 15th now sometime between then and now I have lost near on 2 weeks of MOT and don't know how....... I can only assume that I took it in 2 weeks early last year and they never added the extra days on to line up the MOT's anniverary as I never took the 2018 ticket in.

So I was expecting MOT to be on the 15th but when I looked it up it was a shock to find it was two weeks earlier than expected.....

Last edited:

Gareth62

Subscriber
The lights in question are not even outer markers there just three lights in the middle over the windscreen fitted by Coachmen when new.

shovelheadrob

Subscriber
Well he included them and gave me a minor advisory for them

Anyway she passed that's all that matters....
MOT testers often put advisories down that might be irrelevant to the test, my mate who does mine said "it shows the DVSA that they've looked properly" although some mot testers have gone a bit further, see here.