Mot expiry

dixo

Subscriber
My mot runs out on 17th May
As it’s a class 4 test like a car why haven’t I got the 6months extension
Just checked on DVLA website
The Smart car has been extended that we use as toad?????

phil1946

Subscriber
From previous posts (on MHF) I suspect it is because your MH MOT is not due until the 17th. I think the extension only shows on the website shortly before or when it actually becomes due. What date was your TOAD due?

dj motormouth

Subscriber
I was worried about this and looked at the gov site and they say that the extension will show 7 days before the expiry date. So don't panic! But it does seem to be a bit late, I would like to see the change online now.

motor roamin

Subscriber
Mine was due in April and is showing September now on dot gov so extension applied I currently have two class 4 and 3 HGV out of date for MOT.

shovelheadrob

Subscriber
Mine was due in April and is showing September now on dot gov so extension applied I currently have two class 4 and 3 HGV out of date for MOT.
A mate of mine who works for a major truck dealer said that if you SORN trucks, the MOT extension doesn't happen, something to do with the 6 weekly checks not being carried out. Meaning that they then need a new MOT before being un-sorned. More hassle. ....although a huge saving for big fleet operators.

motor roamin

Subscriber
A mate of mine who works for a major truck dealer said that if you SORN trucks, the MOT extension doesn't happen, something to do with the 6 weekly checks not being carried out. Meaning that they then need a new MOT before being un-sorned. More hassle. ....although a huge saving for big fleet operators.
Mine are not sorned never bother for the sake of a few quid then forgetting to re tax when needed with 20 mot's and tax to remember then add lolars etc it can be a nightmare, luckily we don't come into six weekly's due to our mileage and using the trucks for training no O licence required either.

lee and sheryl

Subscriber
I MOTed mine early thinking they might stop tests and then there will be a backlog when they start. However my local mot garage is still working and testing I did a car a couple if weeks ago and my bike last week