Monaco Knight

MudGuru

Subscriber
I have some trips planned this year but will probably be selling my RV towards the end of this year / early next year. The lockdowns have ruined my entire experience of the RV. What was supposed to be a glorious year of golfing in Scotland has turned into restrictions and misery. I am most likely to sell up everything and go to the USA, a nice "Red Neck" State.

My RV has had a MASSIVE amount of work done on it we are talking well over 20,000 pounds worth..... Wiring Looms, Brand new rubber all round, electrical restoration, storage supports, etc., etc.. So if anyone is looking to change or acquire in the stated time frame, please let me know..... I have a massive amount of images and all the invoices from the latest work. I hope everyone here has some pleasure from your RVs this year.....

NeilandJo

Subscriber
It is difficult at the moment, I am treasurer and my wife is site secretary for North Wales district association, part of the camping and caravanning club, even though we have not had any meets, I still put many hours in to doing club business, I still have to keep the accounts up to date, and we still have to look for new sites and get them booked, along with all the paperwork involved, the hours put in last year booking sites, to then have to cancel them has been soul destroying, and at times i too feel like selling up and packing it all in, the hours i put in at work dont help either. but at some point this will all be over, we will be able to get back out again,
Just got to think of the future, stay positive, I keep going by completing little jobs for our camper, ready for when we can use it again.

MikeyRV

Subscriber
I have some trips planned this year but will probably be selling my RV towards the end of this year / early next year. The lockdowns have ruined my entire experience of the RV. What was supposed to be a glorious year of golfing in Scotland has turned into restrictions and misery. I am most likely to sell up everything and go to the USA, a nice "Red Neck" State.

My RV has had a MASSIVE amount of work done on it we are talking well over 20,000 pounds worth..... Wiring Looms, Brand new rubber all round, electrical restoration, storage supports, etc., etc.. So if anyone is looking to change or acquire in the stated time frame, please let me know..... I have a massive amount of images and all the invoices from the latest work. I hope everyone here has some pleasure from your RVs this year.....
It’s the end of lockdown coming soon, not the end of the world. (y)

MudGuru

Subscriber
I'm not sure that we are going to return to "normal", the politicians both like their new power and are concerned as to how to escape the traps they laid for themselves in acquiring this power over the people. There was a politician in the USA, Rahm Emmanuel, Consiglieri to Obama, who famously stated "never let a crisis go to waste", by that he meant while the population is distracted and scared, things that they would not usually go for can be accomplished. In our case we have cast aside Magna Carta and Habeus Corpus for the manta of "Protect the NHS", our forefathers would be horrified, especially those whose lives bought our freedom. I suspect it was a little more dangerous storming Normandy beach than fighting of Covid.....

The lockdowns have also "reduced emissions", this satisfies the mantra of the "green economy"; I am under no illusion that there are those in the country who would be delighted to see my 12 - 15 mpg, Diesel Pusher, consigned to the scrap heap of history. All it takes is the "greens" to get power over Habeus Corpus and Lockdowns and our RVs are gone, our golf courses are gone, along with many things that make our lives better and more enjoyable. I worked in Russia at the time of their 1990 revolution, trust me when I tell you that their KGB/FSB were less intrusive than our "police", who I now refer to as Stasi.......

I pray to God that I'm wrong about these things but I believe that we have crossed the Rubicon, there is no going back and ahead lies only a "new normal".

I hope everyone has the good fortune to have a wonderful year of pleasure in your RVs, don't waste a single second of it.

RV Neal

Subscriber
"I suspect it was a little more dangerous storming Normandy beach than fighting of Covid..... "

Yes, for those brave souls involved but the Covid pandemic is a global issue, affecting many, many millions of people in hundreds of countries world-wide, and so highly dangerous.

I too suspect that there will be a new normal when things improve but, in all the democracies across the world, it's up to the people to "regulate" what that new normal looks like. We do need to be vigilant in the future otherwise, as you say, there will be no future worth having.

However, I'm remaining positive and I've already pencilled-in several trips for this year, firm bookings for some, and I have a few more to arrange. Bring it on!

MudGuru

Subscriber
I too suspect that there will be a new normal when things improve but, in all the democracies across the world, it's up to the people to "regulate" what that new normal looks like. We do need to be vigilant in the future otherwise, as you say, there will be no future worth having.
I admire your optimism!!

For me it is how do you "regulate" the politicians? What happens if the Covid situation is "too serious" to have in person voting, mail it ballots? I think we have seen how that works? In other words unscrupulous scoundrels will always win the vote; African Democracy - 1 man, 1 vote, once. At least the USA has a second amendment, but even that is no real deterrent to unscrupulous scoundrels as the honest man will never fire first, however it is a long shot chance of restoring equilibrium.....

I too have a couple of nice trips planned, nothing like last year and not enough to justify the RV but it will hopefully offer some enjoyment from the bus.

Steve Martin

Subscriber
Safe to say that I am still using my RV for what it was designed for, going places and seeing things in comfort.
True, I have to stay in places longer than I liked but the biggest change for me is the ban on wild camping in Portugal and the 90 day rule. I will just have to try further afield like Morocco.