Mobile Cummins Mechanic - South Wales

MudGuru

Subscriber
Does anyone know a good mechanic that can come by my RV and get a starting problem fixed. I think there is a air leak somewhere in the fuel line. I have trouble getting the engine to fire. Just the once we used ether on it and away she went perfectly. My belief is that the lift pump is not supplying adequate fuel to the injection pump but when the engine fires up it pulls the fuel much harder and runs with no problem.

So, any ideas for a good mechanic I can hire?

Rig7941

Subscriber
Does anyone know a good mechanic that can come by my RV and get a starting problem fixed. I think there is a air leak somewhere in the fuel line. I have trouble getting the engine to fire. Just the once we used ether on it and away she went perfectly. My belief is that the lift pump is not supplying adequate fuel to the injection pump but when the engine fires up it pulls the fuel much harder and runs with no problem.

So, any ideas for a good mechanic I can hire?
Give Anglo American a call very helpful
01633 250050
Have you tried the fuel filter first may have contaminated

MudGuru

Subscriber
Thank you for the reply, most appreciated!! I am dealing with Anglo (great guys), however they have a lot full of uncollected RVs so no room for mine. Also if I can't get my RV going I'll have to have it recovered. I'll get a new filter ordered up and try, you may well be right. The guys at Anglo said there could be old fuel as well. I drove this from Taunton to Kidwelly, put new fuel to do it and then added fresh fuel once I was here. You could very well be right, old fuel clogging the filter..... Thank you.

Rig7941

Subscriber
Thank you for the reply, most appreciated!! I am dealing with Anglo (great guys), however they have a lot full of uncollected RVs so no room for mine. Also if I can't get my RV going I'll have to have it recovered. I'll get a new filter ordered up and try, you may well be right. The guys at Anglo said there could be old fuel as well. I drove this from Taunton to Kidwelly, put new fuel to do it and then added fresh fuel once I was here. You could very well be right, old fuel clogging the filter..... Thank you.
What year is it my last one was a cumins
Filters x2 was land rover ones any local car spear shops get numbers of old one

johnpengers

Subscriber
Might be worth contacting Adi who is an active member on here.Very nice honest bloke who has built up quite a fan base.It would certainly be worth the trip to Weymouth when you're up and running for Adi to give it the once over.......He does like his Cummings does our Adi !!!(y)

onan

Subscriber
Try the local bus garage. Many buses have Cummins engines. (Some have Allison gearboxes). Ask the mechanics if they do private work. Guarantee someone will say “Yes”. Let them know the jacks will lift the RV so they can get underneath.

MudGuru

Subscriber
If south try Edwards coaches very helpful cheep and mobile Mechanic available cumins are fited to jingling coaches and others
You cannot go wrong with them
Coach is very simple to Rv
They go out to coaches all the time brilliant Fiters got all the kit they will get you running again
Brilliant advice, I'll give them a call on Monday.....