Microwave cooking in France?

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Gulfstream Sunvoyager 8292
RV Experience
Since 2008
We are just about to embark on our first trip to France :biggrin: and I'm wondering if I'll be able to use the microwave cooker? :001_rolleyes:

I know that our french friends tend to have hook ups that are a lot less than we are used to in the UK and wonder if anybody could let me know if I'll be able to use the microwave?

We have just bought a kettle for the stove as I know they use a lot of power, but I was hoping the microwave wasn't quite as electrically thirsty.

Any help, hints or tips greatly appreciated. :thumbup:

Thanks,

Tan & Andy in an RV called Tandy :wink:

Member No
RV Type
Low line ice cream van (RV maybe another day again)
Model
Swift Autoquest 680FB 3.0 auto
RV Experience
2005 but tugger B4
you might find yourself microwaving with the genny running:wink:

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Gulfstream Sunvoyager 8292
RV Experience
Since 2008
Just ran the genny for 20 minutes. I heard it was a good idea to do this periodically as we hardly ever use it. But boy was it handy over easter when the electrics went down over the whole campsite (too many people needing too much electrics).

Not sure what the etiquette is regarding genny's in france?

Just missed you last wednesday (Happy Birthday) :thumbup:. Our MOT had run out so popped it into Darrens (Motorhome medics). How did it go?

Andy

Member No
RV Type
Low line ice cream van (RV maybe another day again)
Model
Swift Autoquest 680FB 3.0 auto
RV Experience
2005 but tugger B4
Fine thank you:thumbup:

A

andy rob

put ya microwave on, now you've tripped the elec, all the french euro motorhomes/tents are in darkenss, put ya genny on @ 11pm :biggrin:
some sights are fine in france, other not, just pot luck
Just test the patients of the warden & i know your not supposed to, but just get into the elctric box & reset it :thumbup:

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Hymer B644
RV Experience
lost count
We are just about to embark on our first trip to France :biggrin: and I'm wondering if I'll be able to use the microwave cooker? :001_rolleyes:

All depends on the EHU suppy, check the breaker, if it's 6A then you are going to use most of that just running the fridge and charger .. it may even trip just plugging in when it's firing up the step down tranny.
10 or above and you'll be fine.., many French aires and sites have 15 or 16A.

Re gennys, same etiquette as here, when I've needed to run mine I've always asked my French neighbour(s) ( I don't ask the Germans :laugh:) and only run when it will cause least disturbance.. ie, when the neighbours go out on a shopping trip ..

As already said, it's easy to re set the breaker .. you won't trip out the site..

Back