M.O.T. concern

Paul Michael

Subscriber
Hi Guys, I have got the M.O.T. booked next Monday for my Damon Daybreak and I am a bit worried as I have an intermittent fault. The ABS light comes on sometimes and then a few miles along the road, it goes off again. Most probably a faulty ABS sensor. When I had the RV serviced, the ABS light wasn't on so they couldn't see anything wrong so couldn't find it etc. Whats the betting that it will come on when I am having the test?

Can anyone answer this question please: I have an LPG conversion, so when they do the emissions, do I have it on Petrol or LPG or doesn't it matter?

I suppose if I had a choice, I would put it on LPG as the emissions would be better?

T.I.A.
Paul

WESTIES ON TOUR

Subscriber
Hi,

Every time I have taken my rv for a mot i have alway sat in the drivers seat and do what the tester asks me to do ie lights brakes ECT ECT.

Always mot your rv on lpg as far as I'm aware there never been a mot fail while running on lpg.

So I personally would not worry.

Our tester gets me to do the drivers seat bits too just like yourself Jason
Same here - sometimes easier for the tester than them trying to figure out what does what and where plus it's a long walk in and out for them to keep switching something on, walk out, switch it off...much easier to have a "helper" :) If I'd have known, i wouldn't have spent so long swapping the fog light switch (for an actual fog light switch, not just some random switch) and rewiring it so it work correctly with the headlamp dip beam, not with the ignition like the clever person who fitted it when it landed here :banghead:

I was asked to drive it onto the ramps and the only time I got out was when he asked me if I wanted a good look underneath :D

Humper

Subscriber
Hi Guys, I have got the M.O.T. booked next Monday for my Damon Daybreak and I am a bit worried as I have an intermittent fault. The ABS light comes on sometimes and then a few miles along the road, it goes off again. Most probably a faulty ABS sensor. When I had the RV serviced, the ABS light wasn't on so they couldn't see anything wrong so couldn't find it etc. Whats the betting that it will come on when I am having the test?

Can anyone answer this question please: I have an LPG conversion, so when they do the emissions, do I have it on Petrol or LPG or doesn't it matter?

I suppose if I had a choice, I would put it on LPG as the emissions would be better?

T.I.A.
Paul
Take to star spangled spanner, get a service, sort any issues you have and Duncan will get the MOT sorted. Boom!!

RRV

Subscriber
My guys never been inside either - in fact the last mot the lights weren’t checked or the indicators or the brakes (until I asked if he was going to check them :)

Daybreaker

Subscriber
Hi,

Every time I have taken my rv for a mot i have alway sat in the drivers seat and do what the tester asks me to do ie lights brakes ECT ECT.

Always mot your rv on lpg as far as I'm aware there never been a mot fail while running on lpg.

So I personally would not worry.
Mine failed emissions on LPG but only because I had an air leak which was quickly resolved by me.
Take it to ADI 4 they are great with things like abs faults(y)(y)(y)

Last edited:

ek&lol

Subscriber
Most modern abs systems (trucks) the light stays on till you reach 7mph had many a driver say ime not taking it the abs lights on.a quick sprint up the road usually clears it though.

ek&lol

Subscriber
Also daf trucks re boot by foot hard on brake while starting engine (air brakes)blows off and resets.

lee and sheryl

My MOT man said if it's on LPG he don't check the emissions. I also sit in the drivers seat following their instructions so I would just cover it up with your phone if possible or a bit of black tape.
In regard to the
But don't forget that if the light is on there is a fault that needs fixing.