Lpg tanks

Dgrbruv

Subscriber
It may depend on where you buy your extend a stay from, but ours came with a double regulator? But obviously, you have to be sure whatever you use is safe for use on UK / Euro appliances.

CTioga

Deasel heater like 5KW cost about 400£ with 10L tank, it will heat up 29 foto rv at 30 degr non stop for about 3 days, battery used from golf car properly charged and pluged on to roof panel will get you going for a long time.
Lpg Thanks need to be register and maintain every 3-5 y cost of installation is big becouse lpg need to be installed by licenced work shop and deasel you can fit by yourself. 10L deasel tank will not do big problem and 120L gas liquid will do.
I vote for deasel
Thanx

NeilandJo

Subscriber
You can fit your own lpg systems in leisure vehicles, you can also legally install and service gas equipment in your own home.
adding a lpg tank and plumbing it in is not difficult, and no need to to worry about installing a heater, and finding somewhere to run the exhaust, we have decided to stick with lpg.

car1966

Subscriber
Dont let the NCC police see that, LPG and batteries etc in the same locker :eek:
It's a open bottom front locker , and that's how it was plumb in I just got rid of the silly 6 k bottle and put the two RV refillable bottle in and also the 80 am battery that was there,

Daybreaker

Subscriber
You can fit your own lpg systems in leisure vehicles, you can also legally install and service gas equipment in your own home.
adding a lpg tank and plumbing it in is not difficult, and no need to to worry about installing a heater, and finding somewhere to run the exhaust, we have decided to stick with lpg.
if you harm yourselves or other with diy gas installations you are liable for prosecution so beware insurance will not pay out.. uk gas regs. I’m gas regulated so know what I’m talking about

Daybreaker

Subscriber
I’m sticking with Lpg heater as the savings against fitting diesel heater don’t make sense. No need to move bus to refill Lpg as extend a stay is great. We carry a small bottle that lasts a week even in winter. One solar panel or generator .. never a problem unless you want to live in a lay by for months in the winter. Batteries last easily one night if cold

NeilandJo

Subscriber
I fitted our central heating at home 21 years ago, it’s still going strong,
Obviously not a job for the faint hearted, but if you have a bit of common sense, you can’t go wrong, though common sense seems to be lacking these days.

Daybreaker

Subscriber
I’ve seen lots of common sense jobs just before I turned off the gas supply and wrote out a riddor to elf an safety. Garden hose used for gas supply...slide your legs under boiler to get into bath. Etc etc
had a big argument withPakistani landlord with that one. :mad:

NeilandJo

Subscriber
I used to work for Gritish Bas a few years ago, carrying out electrical inspections in commercial premises, and yes, that was no different, its just with elektrikery when it goes bang, that's normally it, a fuse fails and its all over, when a gas appliance or pipe goes, that's just the start,
A storage business called us out to find out why a breaker kept knocking off, first thing to check is the power drawn through it, a 40A breaker had a steady current flow of 87a on a 6mm cable, well there's ya problem, what are you running ? erm nothing, so went for a walk around the site, they had small businesses working out of the storage rooms, mid winter, there were computers galore, but where each person was working there were oil fill rads, fan heaters and convector heaters, no wonder there is 87 amps going through the circuit :eek: :D

Daybreaker

Subscriber
I’ve actually found a 5 inch nail in a fuse box
I used to work for Gritish Bas a few years ago, carrying out electrical inspections in commercial premises, and yes, that was no different, its just with elektrikery when it goes bang, that's normally it, a fuse fails and its all over, when a gas appliance or pipe goes, that's just the start,
A storage business called us out to find out why a breaker kept knocking off, first thing to check is the power drawn through it, a 40A breaker had a steady current flow of 87a on a 6mm cable, well there's ya problem, what are you running ? erm nothing, so went for a walk around the site, they had small businesses working out of the storage rooms, mid winter, there were computers galore, but where each person was working there were oil fill rads, fan heaters and convector heaters, no wonder there is 87 amps going through the circuit :eek: :D