LPG register.

simsy56

Subscriber
Hi all,

Can I get insurance without the LPG RV being on the drive lpg register?

Many thanks,

Craig

Tommy

Subscriber
If you run on lpg then should be on register but many conversations seem to not get put on there. I'm with nfu they won't insure you if not on there others don't care. Being on it does mean you can't go on the Euro tunnel.

larryh

Subscriber
If you run on lpg then should be on register but many conversations seem to not get put on there. I'm with nfu they won't insure you if not on there others don't care. Being on it does mean you can't go on the Euro tunnel.
My understanding is that LPG powered vehicles not allowed in Euro tunnel whether registered or not.
  • We regret that LPG (or equivalent flammable gas) vehicles cannot be transported by Eurotunnel Le Shuttle even if it is being used as a secondary fuel source. However other dual powered vehicles can be accepted e.g. petrol/electric. Check the acceptability of your vehicle.
  • Transport of gas containers to power domestic services for caravans, campervans, vehicles fitted out as a campervan are restricted. Check gas transport conditions.

shovelheadrob

Subscriber
Just checked a couple of my old LPG converted trucks & they aren't on there, both were insured with NFU, declared as lpg converted & just sent them a copy of the conversion certificate.
When I sent the certificate to DVLA when registering one of them they managed to lose the certificate & register the vehicle as "heavy oil"!

Olley

Subscriber
I sent a copy of the conversion certificate, along with the registration document and a note telling them it was now dual fuel to the DVLA, came back exactly the same.:D