LPG in Spain

jenmelmar

Subscriber
Hello
We are very new RV owners (Monico Riptide 33'). and the first trip we have every made in any sort of 'motor home'. We enjoyed travelling through France with LPG available at most of the big service stations. Now in mid Spain, we are disappointed that we have to go off the big roads and search for a Repsol garage that sells LPG. Is this the same in all of Spain as we now have to plan our route to where the LPG garages are instead of our chosen route? Thanks in advance for any advice :)

johnpengers

Subscriber
What I recall from our trip to Southern Spain a couple of years ago is when we saw it we topped up.I certainly don't recall planning our route around Repsol garages.
If it's a worry then could you run with a full tank of petrol as well ?
Well done for taking on such a trip for your first time out (y).

jenmelmar

Subscriber
Thanks, we do have a full tank of petrol as the RV starts up with that and then switches to LPG-but it is a lot more expensive, so we try to get LPG. We were trying to keep to the bigger roads as the darned thing is so wide (10' mirror to mirror and they don't fold in!) but it was OK on some of the smaller roads today, just takes a lot of concentration ;) Thanks for the encouragment ;)

Spain had dedicated lpg only garages as only lpg vehicles were Taxis. But things are better now as they are putting lpg on normal service stations.

We used a sat nav which we added lpg garages to. Think there could be apps now for phones.

jenmelmar

Subscriber
OK-brilliant -thanks so much-that will make life easier because some of the Repsol garages do not sell LPG, and the CEPSA garages don't sell it and a lot of the BP ones don't. Need to do some serious planning ! Thanks :)

jenmelmar

Subscriber
Thanks Paul, I am just downloading it now as someone else said that-so it should be easier but there are not as many as in France ;) I will just have to plan where we are going and divert to LPG stations along the way. Thanks for the suggestions :)

Ruff Nomads

We’re in Spain right now and myLPG.eu is our go to. That said we’ve made the decision to run light on Petrol with lpg as a back up to avoid more expensive big road petrol prices. If you plan your route just on lpg garages it’ll probably cost more getting to them and make the trip more stressful. The drive is there to be enjoyed.
anyway where are you? We’re still in the north and loving it.

jenmelmar

Subscriber
We are at Pinoso right now, moving to Salinas and Sax for December & first week of January 2020. Then we want to head down to Almeria so we will plan a route to take in some sites on the way and fill up with LPG at any available garage. My husband is keen to get somewhere a bit warmer ;)

Ruff Nomads

We are at Pinoso right now, moving to Salinas and Sax for December & first week of January 2020. Then we want to head down to Almeria so we will plan a route to take in some sites on the way and fill up with LPG at any available garage. My husband is keen to get somewhere a bit warmer ;)
We just arrived in the Algarve for the same reason. It was too chilly and wet but a few hours south has made all the difference. We've had no issues at all getting LPG, nor with with the Tolls when we’ve used them. Portugal has been and still is a delight. We’ll be in Spain for Christmas.

jenmelmar

Subscriber
We just arrived in the Algarve for the same reason. It was too chilly and wet but a few hours south has made all the difference. We've had no issues at all getting LPG, nor with with the Tolls when we’ve used them. Portugal has been and still is a delight. We’ll be in Spain for Christmas.
Thanks for that-we have not been to Portugal (this is our first trip), but maybe next year. Nice to know LPG is not a problem, I think it was just so easy in France with it being available at every station practically on the toll roads, it was a bit of a surprise to see it is not available at the service stations on the toll roads and you have to go into some of the town to get LPG-as we did today at Elda. Not a problem, but needs planning beforehand :)

jenmelmar

Subscriber
It is available on the mways seemed to me to be every third station or so.
Well we tried 2 in a row, and checked on the app and it didn’t show any, so we tend to use the app and go off the roads to be sure. It also doesn’t show on the signs before the service stations, just the usual 4 pumps-not LPG or electric. We may try again but it is a pain if you go into a fuel station that doesn't sell LPG and have to go all round a one way system to get out-but I am going to check your link to LPG Spain, Olley :)

car1966

Subscriber
Are you looking for a adjustable spanner on the sign old typ spanner, Well thats what it looks like to me being a old bugger

jenmelmar

Subscriber
Are you looking for a adjustable spanner on the sign old typ spanner, Well thats what it looks like to me being a old bugger
:) actually it usually has written LPG and then a picture of a small car with a + for electric cards. It just quotes all the other types of fuel-not pictures ;)

car1966

Subscriber
:) actually it usually has written LPG and then a picture of a small car with a + for electric cards. It just quotes all the other types of fuel-not pictures ;)

Not to shure on that i will look and pay more attention to the sign when we come through spain after Christmas (y)(y)