LPG in Spain

jenmelmar

Subscriber
Hello
We are very new RV owners (Monico Riptide 33'). and the first trip we have every made in any sort of 'motor home'. We enjoyed travelling through France with LPG available at most of the big service stations. Now in mid Spain, we are disappointed that we have to go off the big roads and search for a Repsol garage that sells LPG. Is this the same in all of Spain as we now have to plan our route to where the LPG garages are instead of our chosen route? Thanks in advance for any advice :)

johnpengers

Subscriber
What I recall from our trip to Southern Spain a couple of years ago is when we saw it we topped up.I certainly don't recall planning our route around Repsol garages.
If it's a worry then could you run with a full tank of petrol as well ?
Well done for taking on such a trip for your first time out (y).

jenmelmar

Subscriber
Thanks, we do have a full tank of petrol as the RV starts up with that and then switches to LPG-but it is a lot more expensive, so we try to get LPG. We were trying to keep to the bigger roads as the darned thing is so wide (10' mirror to mirror and they don't fold in!) but it was OK on some of the smaller roads today, just takes a lot of concentration ;) Thanks for the encouragment ;)

Spain had dedicated lpg only garages as only lpg vehicles were Taxis. But things are better now as they are putting lpg on normal service stations.

We used a sat nav which we added lpg garages to. Think there could be apps now for phones.

jenmelmar

Subscriber
OK-brilliant -thanks so much-that will make life easier because some of the Repsol garages do not sell LPG, and the CEPSA garages don't sell it and a lot of the BP ones don't. Need to do some serious planning ! Thanks :)

jenmelmar

Subscriber
Thanks Paul, I am just downloading it now as someone else said that-so it should be easier but there are not as many as in France ;) I will just have to plan where we are going and divert to LPG stations along the way. Thanks for the suggestions :)

Ruff Nomads

Subscriber
We’re in Spain right now and myLPG.eu is our go to. That said we’ve made the decision to run light on Petrol with lpg as a back up to avoid more expensive big road petrol prices. If you plan your route just on lpg garages it’ll probably cost more getting to them and make the trip more stressful. The drive is there to be enjoyed.
anyway where are you? We’re still in the north and loving it.