LP Gas fill up

simsy56

Subscriber
I had white refillable bottles on my ex 5th wheel, I just used to pull up at the LPG pump, open the gas locker door, attach the adapter and fill up. Never a problem. If I was low on site, I would remove 1 bottle and put it in the back of the pick up, and fill up at the nearest LPG station.

Craig

I have a fixed tank and use a 19Kg cylinder hooked up and just decant gas into the tank using the telltale to keep the pressure differential. I can empty a 19Kg in about 10 minutes.

Gareth62

Subscriber
Where are you?
Jackson’s of Old Arley will fill refillable cylinders
That's a brilliant app. Cheers!!

How do you fill up the tanks on your rig? Any special converter to use UK station pumps or should it be ok with the US setup? Any photos?

chrisaxe21

Really strugging to find one round here (yorkshire). Everyone is Calor so looks like i need to swap over what came with the rig.

Been advised to change the reglator to a 4 g/ph one then i can use Calor bottles.

Anyone done this and had good results?

shovelheadrob

Subscriber
You can get pigtails that connect Calor/Flogas bottles to your built in regulator/auto changeover unit. I'm lucky, I have a Flogas depot near home who are ok for me to fill my bottles, I bought an adapter from eBay but it means filling from empty or weighing them as they're just normal bottles. I do occasionally do it on forecourts but with the bottle strapped in the back of my truck. The savings are substantial, around £11.50 to fill an 11kg bottle as opposed to over £30 to exchange the bottle.

shovelheadrob

Subscriber
You should only fill gas bottles to 80% capacity, refillable & domestic tanks have built in limiting valves, normal cylinders don't, the 1kg of propane is 1.96 litres so an 11kg cylinder will take 21.56 litres, if the cylinder is not empty you have to weigh it to know how much is in there (you also need to know the weight of the empty cylinder to get that). Overfilling is dangerous, you can end up with liquid instead of gas reaching an appliance, this is not good! I ALWAYS fill from empty & fill to under 21.5 litres, I've never had a problem.

Really strugging to find one round here (yorkshire). Everyone is Calor so looks like i need to swap over what came with the rig.

Been advised to change the reglator to a 4 g/ph one then i can use Calor bottles.

Anyone done this and had good results?

Which area in Yorkshire for Lpg. Morrison's in Elland, easy in nd out with biggest set up.

Gareth62

Subscriber
As far as I know you CAN'T fill cylinders at Morrison's I got stopped on the forecourt at our Morrisons with a Gaslow Cylinder

chrisaxe21

It does indeed...and since everywhere near me says No I think Calor is the safest option without a risk of running out of gas and nowhere to refill.

chrisaxe21

I saw the Gaslow site previously and they do say on their site that they work with Morrisons to allow bottle refills so it could be an option.