Lexington B Class RV

RV Neal

Subscriber
We have a single slide Lexington, also 2005. The only "pitfall" for us was getting used to the size as we had downsized from a 31' RV with a superslide. Owned it for about four years now and are very pleased with it. It does exactly what we want.

evopower

Subscriber
I had a 3 slide out Lexington for a year .

Good size for driving on UK roads

Not alot of storage, no levelling jacks but all the bits that a A class has but a bit smaller

Which one are you looking at ?

Popty

Subscriber
Hi, its a lexington b class, 2005, 3 slide outs, any more than that I don't know yet, have asked to see it on Saturday, waiting for the dealer/owner to get back to us

evopower

Subscriber
Nothing on the rv , but the dealer I went to look at a rv few years, said it was all good , got there and it was hanging all the rvs are at the back of a farm if I remember, if its a good drive from you , I wouldn't bother

Popty

Subscriber
Hi, many thanks, he originally had it up at £38500, insanity dropped the price to 31k when l asked what was the lowest price he would accept, but it seemed a reasonable price for that rv, l have asked if he's a dealer, no reply, so maybe it is a load of sh1t, like the one we went to see in Derby last week, l think they must have a "salesmans camera" cos the real thing is nothing like the photos, any help greatly appreciated, he's also advertising one in Sussex???

evopower

Subscriber
Yes that's the guy arvcenter , I wasn't a 6 hour round trip.
If its close to you go have a look , but take someone with you that knows about rv's

Popty

Subscriber
Hi evopower, it's about 185 miles round trip to Gatwick and back, l am a retired commercial motor engineer of 55+years so am happy with my experience, I used to do all the services and hab checks on our moho (now sold), now need something with more space (wifey and I have grown a bit during lockdown, too much, brandy, wine, southern comfort, g&t's, roasts etc) but don't want to be taken for a cock, went to look at one in Derby last week, what a load of poo, damp, smelly, mould etc, so any advice greatly appreciated

Popty

Subscriber
Hi, have you had any experience with a lexington, my local dealer (dreams rv Centre Bicester) has a lexington 2007 at 44k, so for a 2005 at 31k lm concerned

AdrianP

Subscriber
I nearly bought from them when we were 1st looking during lockdown

Had one up for just over 16k, I asked a couple of questions and offered 14k delivered to ipswich

He initially said yes, but after a couple more questions, he decided not to discount it after all, just kept telling me to go down to see it (which during lockdown just wasn't going to happen...)

When I mentioned that he had offered it to me for 14k, his reply was that I had never said yes so it doesn't count as an agreement...

Popty

Subscriber
He only lists a mobile number, l have asked the question via ebay, if he does not reply then I will blow him out, and keep looking, lm not prepared to give up our hard earned cash lightly, too old and long in the tooth for being taken for a mug, still looking for genuine decent rv.