Excellent service in East Sussex
Colas Mechanical Services
The Broyle
Ringmer
Lewes
East Suessex
BN8 5NP
ANY size wagon as they handle service vehicles - fire-engines, buses . . . .etc

If your in Devon or Cornwall they're rare as hens teeth.

We found one.

Gusscott Coaches,
Halwill Junction,
Nr Holsworthy,
Devon.

Tel (01409)221661

It's on the Devon Cornwall border and is a good "old fashioned" type of garage. We've taken a 33 footer there with no problems.
There an RV friendly C/L nearby ( Walnut Farm) but it's a bit tight and they can only take one RV at a time. Electric hookup is via 13 amp plug - so take your adapter with you.

Steve Martin

Subscriber
If your in Devon or Cornwall they're rare as hens teeth.

We found one.

Gusscott Coaches,
Halwill Junction,
Nr Holsworthy,
Devon.

Tel (01409)221661

It's on the Devon Cornwall border and is a good "old fashioned" type of garage. We've taken a 33 footer there with no problems.
There an RV friendly C/L nearby ( Walnut Farm) but it's a bit tight and they can only take one RV at a time. Electric hookup is via 13 amp plug - so take your adapter with you.
Thanks Paul, I drive past them all the time on my way to store my Winnie. Wondered why they had RVs in their yard

poacher

Subscriber
Another one for mid Devon - just had their ATF (ministry) test lane approved for Class 4 (us) - any length / any weight - can test 7 days a week - long opening hours - (Thursday during the day should be avoided as the lane is in use for 'ministry' testing, but after hours Thursday OK)

B.V.S. (Balsdons Vehicle Services)
Galbraith Road,
Hameldown Business Park
OKEHAMPTON,
Devon
EX20 1UF

01837 55911 (24 hours)

Allan Balsdon

Easy access from the A30 D/carriageway

Familiar with RVs - I and others use them for maintenance - so perhaps of help to others

(They also do heavy recovery and are familiar with the vagaries of the construction / towing / recovery of our vehicles - they have the appropriate equipment (having learnt on ours!! :lipssealed::lipssealed: :cry::cry:)

poacher

Last edited:
Not every Class 4 MOT station can accommodate the BIG RV's for example Signature RV's cannot get our Discovery into their garage where the brake tester rollers are, that is unless they have now made the entrance door a little higher? :(

neilydun

Had my mot today, done by Wfl Recovery, who I believe also recovered Dippingatoe, earlier this year.
Very helpful guys, with a big workshop, and easy access from the A14

Wfl Recovery
Slate Hall
Dry Drayton Road
Oakington
Cambridge CB23 8HB
01954 780684

Shazzapink

Just had mine sail through at a place called Calmac tyres in St James in Northampton. Access was fine really helpful staff who will let you do the interior stuff if your precious over your carpets etc.

Would deffo use again.

S

If you have found an RV Friendly testing station then please share it here by starting a new thread in this forum section with the name and location of the testing centre:thumbup:
Hi, being new to RV ing last year and having acquired one which sat since 2008 I have now found two these are:

Signature motor homes Wolverhampton sorted mine with little or no fuss no rip off carried out a little work all done for £ 700 quid which considering it had been standing I was expecting 2 + k and would have paid it so good result going back there this year.

Also

Found Dave Evens Motor homes again in Wolves however he does take them off site but you can travel with him to the testing station, will use him for my new awning back end of this year, appears to be a sound guy.

Hope this helps?

Paul M

Martin Motor Services Ltd

Strategic House
Strawberry Lane Industrial Estate
Strawberry Ln
Willenhall WV13 3RS

If your RV is to large for Signature to MOT this is the location they either take your RV to or direct you there.(y)

Trekkin

Martin Motor Services Ltd

Strategic House
Strawberry Lane Industrial Estate
Strawberry Ln
Willenhall WV13 3RS

If your RV is to large for Signature to MOT this is the location they either take your RV to or direct you there.(y)

Used theses last year for mine, they have moved premises in strawberry lane and stopped doing large RVs

Passed today, but used these

DAF Wolverhampton
Neachells LaneWillenhallWest MidlandsWV13 3SF

Sales: 01902 305090
Service: 01902 307970
Parts: 01902 305500

Used theses last year for mine, they have moved premises in strawberry lane and stopped doing large RVs

Passed today, but used these

DAF Wolverhampton
Neachells LaneWillenhallWest MidlandsWV13 3SF

Sales: 01902 305090
Service: 01902 307970
Parts: 01902 305500
Was somewhat alarmed and puzzled on reading that Martin Motor Services, Willenhall have stopped MOTing large RV's so just this second contacted them.

It appears this is only temporary possibly a few weeks as they are having a new MOT bay installed.

ek&lol

Subscriber
M.O.T.

Stoke on Trent/ Staffordshire moorlands area try Robin Hood Coaches on the A523 Leek/Macclesfield rd about 1mile out of Leek. They did mine 18 months ago and were very helpful.:001_smile:
Phil
Hi I have used robin hood the last two years very good

Trekkin

Was somewhat alarmed and puzzled on reading that Martin Motor Services, Willenhall have stopped MOTing large RV's so just this second contacted them.

It appears this is only temporary possibly a few weeks as they are having a new MOT bay installed.

Hope it's not too long now, they moved to a new premises in the same road earlier this year and temporarily stopped RV MOTs then until they installed their new bay, not long now I trust

dippingatoe

Had my mot today, done by Wfl Recovery, who I believe also recovered Dippingatoe, earlier this year.
Very helpful guys, with a big workshop, and easy access from the A14

Wfl Recovery
Slate Hall
Dry Drayton Road
Oakington
Cambridge CB23 8HB
01954 780684
Seemed a really friendly and helpful firm - the only ones who would come out when I was stuck in a layby in the snow in the back of beyond heading out towards Lowestoft Ness :) From what I saw of them I would recommend

If you have found an RV Friendly testing station then please share it here by starting a new thread in this forum section with the name and location of the testing centre:thumbup:
Majestic motorhomes billing squadrons did mine, very easy people.

shezzac123

Address: Jeffreys Haulage Ltd, Swadlincote Road
Swadlincote, DE11 8DD

Telephone: 01283 817300

Fax: 08721 153916

Email: info@jeffreysgroup.co.uk
ive used this mot station past 2 yr (y) and cant recommend them highly enough :D extremely helpful and friendly staff :rofl:

phodetheus

MOT Testing,Gloucester / Cheltenham

RV Testing in Gloucester & Cheltenham, Copy & Paste into your browser

http://www.swanbrook.co.uk/contact

Swan Brook Coaches

Alternatively phone: (01452) 712386
Or Fax: (01452) 859217
Enquiry desk opening hours are:
Monday to Friday: 07.00 - 17.30 hours
Saturday: O7.00 - 13.00 hours
Business location

Golden Valley
Staverton
Cheltenham
GL51 0TE
:thumbup::thumbup:

If your RV has a serious condition / illness, then "Motor Home Medics" are right next door, should you need them.
http://www.motorhomemedics.co.uk/index.htm
:thumbup::thumbup:

Also if you contact Motor Home Medics they can arrange the MOT for you. There is also a great site just down the road to stop over if need be at http://www.briarfields.net/ with plenty of RV pitches.