Just joined.....from the Dark side. Motorhome fun!

Pedro1122

Subscriber
I have a Comanche tag axle, but seriously considering a van at Signature, Four Winds 32A Only possible downside I can see it's a Thor! Have they changed? Got better? Any comments welcomed.

paul&debra

Subscriber
All seem to be made by the same company now. A little more basic than the luxury coaches but functional.

I am not keen on the design, but each to their own. Not flimsier than Euro box with hollow worktops and tables.

WESTIES ON TOUR

Subscriber
Hi,
I used to own a hurricane Rv fantastic rv for my 1st one, but was entry level built, but had no major issues with it and loved it.

There's a lot of rvs out there it's just picking the right one for you.

Ps funny enough b4 I was into rv I wanted a auto trail comanche tag axel.
Beautiful motorhomes and very good build quality.

Pedro1122

Subscriber
Hi,
I used to own a hurricane Rv fantastic rv for my 1st one, but was entry level built, but had no major issues with it and loved it.

There's a lot of rvs out there it's just picking the right one for you.

Ps funny enough b4 I was into rv I wanted a auto trail comanche tag axel.
Beautiful motorhomes and very good build quality.
Westies, What are you running now? Monty the Comanche is a great van but we want bigger! There's only 2 of us and 2 small dogs but just want the space. Price point and size of the Four Winds seems ok?

WESTIES ON TOUR

Subscriber
Hi got a safari cheetah 38PDQ nearly 40 footer, 2 of us and 2 small westies dogs Monty and evie.

Like I say we loved our hurricane had it 12 months then changed it for a holiday ramble arista had that 5 years and our current one 4 years now and love it to bits.

Want to live I it full time but work gets In the way and I'm only 50 years young.

Pedro1122

Subscriber
Hi got a safari cheetah 38PDQ nearly 40 footer, 2 of us and 2 small westies dogs Monty and evie.

Like I say we loved our hurricane had it 12 months then changed it for a holiday ramble arista had that 5 years and our current one 4 years now and love it to bits.

Want to live I it full time but work gets In the way and I'm only 50 years young.
Work gets in the way? Employ Managers :) Seriously though, how have you found the RV width in the UK?

WESTIES ON TOUR

Subscriber
Work gets in the way? Employ Managers :) Seriously though, how have you found the RV width in the UK?
Personally no problem at all, and I have driven down B roads in error lol.
I will drive any where In the uk and it will not bother me.
Just take you time never a rush and try and plan your routes and you will be ok.

stunette

Subscriber
As Jason says, take it steady.. As you've seen it's a bit narrow down our road, but I just reverse straight back on to the drive, then one shunt to get her straight.! (y)

Steve Martin

Subscriber
Welcome to the forum Pedro and you will be suprised where you can take a 40' RV...as the scratches on the sides of my RV testify to.:tmi:
There were 10 of us once going through Europe and there were two 90 degree bends getting onto the campsite!:rolleyes: