Interesting RHD RV

onan

Subscriber
I know that Tiffin supply 240v RHD RVs to Australia. Now the UK?

Signature RV are pleased to Confirm that after 20 years we are now again working with Tiffin Motorhomes USA to Bring you the First Fully Built RV for the UK market Right Hand Drive Factory 240 Volt with 240 Appliances a Complete Mirror Image Build Exclusively From Signature RV
Get in touch to Enquiry about the UK Breeze .

chatter

Subscriber
suit the Aussie market as well, they have to be right hand drive over there, there was a blog some years ago from a couple that bought one in the usa and had it transported to aussieland and they had to have it made into a right hand drive, apparently if you have a leftie over there you are restricted on driving it in certain areas and also on the yearly milage you are allowed to drive it from what i read

jayandjen

Subscriber
Wow competition def hotting up between empire and signiture. Racing to claim the big brands lol.
Sales must be tough in the u.s. if they are putting so much into developing the uk market. But interesting about the australian stuff. Do the last long on there dirt roads ?

jayandjen

Subscriber

onan

Subscriber
I saw many RHD F150 and F250 in Australia last year. In the past they have mainly been converted on arrival.

I had a long chat with a F250 owner who had just imported it from the US. It was converted in the US by a company who work closely with Ford. He said it was cheaper than converting in Australia. The latest F series are easier to convert as they have been designed for a swap from LHD to RHD.

There was a rumour a couple of years ago that Ford were considering bringing the F series to the UK. Nothing so far.

tacr2man

Subscriber
no just a bong. (y)
More than our Elizabeth Tower has at the moment , :)

Plus if you get caught with a "bong" in OZ its an offence :)

You used to be able to have LHD in WA , I had to do a roadworthy inspection on a ex US Mil dump truck that was LHD . They had to have big LHD sticker on the rear .

Last edited:

RV Neal

Subscriber
You are allowed to drive a left hooker in oz for 6 months then you have to take it out of the country or convert it.
Met a few europeans over there that came overland and were allowed to travel oz for 6 months.
Correct! We met a couple from Oz when in Croatia. They travelled to the Ukraine where they had an off-road motorhome custom-built to their own specification on a huge MAN chassis. It's left hand drive and they're touring the world in it (yes, the world!) and when they've finished they will sell it before returning to Oz as they would only be allowed to keep it for 6 months unless it was converted to right hand drive.

Ruff Nomads

Correct! We met a couple from Oz when in Croatia. They travelled to the Ukraine where they had an off-road motorhome custom-built to their own specification on a huge MAN chassis. It's left hand drive and they're touring the world in it (yes, the world!) and when they've finished they will sell it before returning to Oz as they would only be allowed to keep it for 6 months unless it was converted to right hand drive.
These guys pulled in to Lalinea Marina when were there around Christmas time. Overland from Oz. What a trip they had and it ain’t finished yet.
fantastic bits of kit. Built in Oz for the purpose.

Last edited: