Just had Qoute of AF insurance
Rv my last one on my motor trade insurance
Thought I would take out a separate
Policy OMG think again £3,398
Why
I cannot transfer no claims bonus from traders insurance
Camping and caravan club
Wouldn’t give a Qoute on a 8.1 Chevy?
Try CCC, they use ERS, I pay £422 per year, Winnebago Adventurer with 8.1.

dixo

Subscriber
Same here
There isn’t any no claims on trade policy
Always had one for years
so took mine out with A Flux
Mines with ERS
No limit windscreen
Just renewed £297
7.4 Chevy

Ruff Nomads

Subscriber
Everyone’s circumstances are so different and premium calculation such a dark art, it’s simply not possible to even start comparing yourself to premiums of others. NCD, post code driving record age, shoe size all play a part. However, over three grand does sound particularly excessive if you are indeed an average RV owner, whatever one of those looks like? :D (y)
and there’s the point, right there.
good luck.

Rig7941

Subscriber
Everyone’s circumstances are so different and premium calculation such a dark art, it’s simply not possible to even start comparing yourself to premiums of others. NCD, post code driving record age, shoe size all play a part. However, over three grand does sound particularly excessive if you are indeed an average RV owner, whatever one of those looks like? :D (y)
and there’s the point, right there.
good luck.
I have every license apart from motorbike
Drive coaches and artics limousine jcb 60 years old
Wen I run coaches fully comp 50seats only £1,300
Any driver100,000mils per year
Rv 7000 mills

Ruff Nomads

Subscriber
When I first got RV put it on my motor traders policy
They reminded me that trade price only would be paid if a claim was made.
Put on Rv insurance for that reason!
Would they not question using it for social Dom and please purposes too? Especially if say in Europe with the fam? If not that’s great.

Last edited:

motor roamin

Subscriber
I have every license apart from motorbike
Drive coaches and artics limousine jcb 60 years old
Wen I run coaches fully comp 50seats only £1,300
Any driver100,000mils per year
Rv 7000 mills
Try your company insurance, mine is insured as a training vehicle they know exactly what it is not cheap at £1250 but saves a lot of hassle, wouldn't put it on my motor traders as they only cover trade price and as there is no book on them in the UK you know it is going to be a huge argument should there be a total loss claim, most motor traders include SDP I have three named drivers on mine, my first motor traders was £65.00 fully comp now its over £3k.

Rig7941

Subscriber
Try your company insurance, mine is insured as a training vehicle they know exactly what it is not cheap at £1250 but saves a lot of hassle, wouldn't put it on my motor traders as they only cover trade price and as there is no book on them in the UK you know it is going to be a huge argument should there be a total loss claim, most motor traders include SDP I have three named drivers on mine, my first motor traders was £65.00 fully comp now its over £3k.
Mine is £1,800 fully comp me wife any one working for us
Never had a problem with value on claims
Aviva go through broker in Worcester