Insurance for new newbies

CROZIE

Afternoon I hav camper van insurance with Adrian flux & just phoned up to get a quote on a Aclass American RV , And they tell me thy cannot insure me on a American motorhome home ? ,any info pls on insurance companies which do ?
Cheers Crozie

stunette

Subscriber
We were with Safeguard but now have switched to N.F.U. Give them a try.. But remember to get unlimited windscreen cover..(y)

CROZIE

I hav been with them for 4 years I hav a camper an & trike insurance with them phoned for a quote , gave them th details & Wos told do not do imported American RV ? , that's th reason thy gave , I told them th do ? She said not for you ? , so going to try few more insurance firm ? ,
As many firm as possible pls guys
Thanks Crozie

WESTIES ON TOUR

Subscriber
Hi
I'm with AIB the number is on the top right hand corner of this forum on home page.
Hope this helps. Jason

Other RV insurers
Safeguard
The insurance factory
NFU
Caravanguard
And I think comfort.

Last edited:

chatter

Subscriber
also Camptons but they have limited screen cover

When i rang round earlier this year i also got cant cover it from a couple - it appears that if imported by a dealer its ok if a prvate import for some reason they wont insure it, i had to prove mine was imported from a dealer to get some quotes - not that hard for us as it was a 2004 build and import

Last edited:

CROZIE

Wot a nightmare to deal with bloody insurance companies lol,thanks I will try Adrian flux again not happy with th idiot I spoke to on th phone
Cheers Crozie

CROZIE

The 8.1 cc engine seems to be a bit of a problem has any one else had that problem all info very much appreciated ta .
Cheers Crozie

CROZIE

Well that wot shield come up with its like a joke I told most are RV are 8.1 , early days not pick th RV up till a week on Saturday so plenty of time to shop around , keep th info coming pls always appreciate ta
Crozie

Dodgey

Subscriber
We're with camping and caravan club insurance, need to be a member if memory serves, good price and sufficient wind screen cover. Recovery via RAC/C&CC arrival scheme. Had windscreens on the last rv and call out for a tyre, no complaints or premium hikes.