Insurance for 5th wheelers and demountables

Tony Bryson

Subscriber
WWE have just sold our American rv and bought both a 5th wheel and demountable can anyone tell us who the insure e with as we are having a little trouble finding one

Tony Bryson

Subscriber
yes , camptons .
mind if in doubt try camptons .
Funny that because we phoned today as that had been recommended by our dealet But they said they didn’t so what do people tell them please ee told them we had a 5th wheeler and they said they only did caravans !!

sundowner

Subscriber
We had our 5er and demountable through camptons
(Do you have power jack legs on the camper????? --------we have an electric set on eBay at the moment!!)

chatter

Subscriber
I used Camptons when i had 5th wheel units, but the dealer i got them from used to use/recommend NFU at Louth for both 5'vers and demountables which he used to sell

John5thWheeler

Subscriber
Hi I have been with camptons for about 7 years, Has anyone out there with a 5th wheeler ever made a claim with camptons, and if so what was they like procesing the claim ??? just wondering... and by the way I normmaly put down the milage as 10k, but after checking it seems I only do about 4.5K, so told them and reduced my insurance from £900.00 to £600.00 this year... thats value 20K-5ver and 20k RAM fully comp and all that jazz...

shovelheadrob

Subscriber
Has anyone out there with a 5th wheeler ever made a claim with camptons, and if so what was they like procesing the claim ???
I had a little claim last year, grazed a parked car with my truck while squeezing past an inconsiderately parked taxi, the damage was minimal & I said that I'd offered to settle it myself, but they processed it & I only found out upon renewal. I was a bit put out as I could have had it repaired through my friends bodyshop, which is probably the best in the area, for a couple of hundred quid tops, they had paid out over £2500! Someone is on the fiddle!
Other than that I can't complain as it only involved a 2 minute phone call. It has put my insurance up over £200 on each of 3 policies though......

car1966

Subscriber
Last year i got too friendly with a Spanish car cave is back door in a bit ,
didn't claim on my front bumper repair did that myself and it didn't make any difference
To the premium so got off lightly, Apart from the insurance chasers trying to make a claim out of nothing got fed up and told some of them to pi.. off and block there numbers