Info on Spain

S

steve3108

Hi to everyone. Am new to this club but may be able to help anyone touring Spain, especially the Costa Blanca, seeing as I live here. Sites or wild camping, we do both. Can possibily put you in the right direction but I am not the font of all knowledge. We smoke around in a Gulfstream Ultra C class.
Regards Steve

Jim

Member No
RV Type
C Class
RV Experience
since 2002
Hi Steve, thanks for your Kind offer. A lot of RVers head out to Spain, including us but we tend to stay in the North.

I hear that its getting harder to find decent campsites down your way. Been told that sites are selling up for building plots. Maybe with this downturn that might keep a few more sites open.

Meanwhile, welcome to our free and Friendly RV Club:thumbup:

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Hymer B644
RV Experience
lost count
Hi Steve ... welcome to RVO :001_smile:

Maybe you can shed some light on the attitude of the Spanish Police to 'A" frames.. ?
Stories of 'on the spot fines' and being made to unhitch are rife on the forums..

Cheers

Jim

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
damon daybreak 1997
RV Experience
Hi have some friends who tow a small car on a a frame with linked brakes ,they were stopped by the police in santandare as the got of the ferry and fined on the spot ,they made him unhook and his wife had to drive the car ,as soon as they cleared the port they hooked up and carried on ,they have not been stopped again ,hope this bit of info helps.

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Hymer B644
RV Experience
lost count
Hi have some friends who tow a small car on a a frame with linked brakes ,they were stopped by the police in santandare as the got of the ferry and fined on the spot ,they made him unhook and his wife had to drive the car ,as soon as they cleared the port they hooked up and carried on ,they have not been stopped again ,hope this bit of info helps.

Hi

I've read stories like this on several forums.. if this is their tactics then Spain has seen my last euro . :001_rolleyes:

cheers

Jim

S

steve3108

A frames in Spain

My experience of the Spanish police, be it Guardia Civil, Locals or Nationals is that they prey on the 20k area around the ports. Speeding being the favourite. They know you are in a hurry to make a ferry and you will pay the on-the-spot fine just to be on your way. I have lived here over 6 years and now know that they sometimes make up their own rules rather than plead ignorance. Make of that what you will, still would not live anywhere else. I have seen plenty of A frames on units over here and from most european countries. I think it all depends on how good a day they are having, after all said and done this is the country that turns a blind eye to crash helmets.
Regards steve3108

S

stephen ward

hi, steve we are travelling to spain in may, costa blanca ,where would be the best place to stay, have you got a contact number over there, would be good to catch up.:001_smile:

Member No
RV Type
A Class 39ft Diesel Pusher
Model
Fleetwood Discovery 39S
RV Experience
Since Oct 2007
after all said and done this is the country that turns a blind eye to crash helmets.
Regards steve3108

Steve, Don't forget also the 'locals' who DON'T carry 2 warning triangles, or a first aid kit, fire extinguisher, spare spectacals, fluorescent jackets........but then as well as not carrying any of those items It's a good bet they will not be insured either, foreigners are easy pickings.:sad:

Back