How much trouble could this be?

MudGuru

Subscriber
This is what I saw on the front of an RV I looked at. This is by the Driver's side window. Water behind the film. Is this bad or an easy fix?

All comments appreciated and deeply considered....

MudGuru

Subscriber
Out of curiosity, who would be able do a repair of this kind? Also do you think if the seller came off the price by 10k to 15k it be sufficient to cover this kind of repair?

I've already stopped any further progress on this sale, but I suspect that water incursion will be present on many RVs. Even though I intend to have a Hatcheck pre sale inspection, it is surely still possible to get caught up in a damp situation.

paul&debra

Subscriber
Everything is fixable, just depends how much money and time you have. I am helping my son on his 1980 tioga restoration. Hardly a dry panel anywhere. But a thin corrugated fibreglass outside panel, that can be repaired. Then seal all cracks and leaks, repair all internal timbers and re skin.

Merv-IOM

Subscriber
Out of curiosity, who would be able do a repair of this kind? Also do you think if the seller came off the price by 10k to 15k it be sufficient to cover this kind of repair?

I've already stopped any further progress on this sale, but I suspect that water incursion will be present on many RVs. Even though I intend to have a Hatcheck pre sale inspection, it is surely still possible to get caught up in a damp situation.
It's possible that 10k, or more, may not be sufficient as water ingress, in that quantity, may have damaged not only the panels and substructure but also electrics, interior linings, wiring looms, dash electronics, windscreen mounts etc. Having someone look at it may not reveal the full extent of the damage and potential cost of repair until it's fully stripped out.

Good luck in any case