How long is your RV?

How long is your RV?

• Total voters

Jev88

Subscriber
Hi. One of my concerns regarding moving to an RV is the overall length of the new vehicle and using it in the UK. I note in my internet travels this is a very common question when RV ownership is discussed (not surprisingly).
Hence, I thought a simple poll of overall length of RV being run by forum members might be useful to both myself and other newbie's too? (Let's ignore trailers and towbars for simplicity). I am also listing imperial as I know some names of models suggest the overall length in case owners don't actually know.

Hope others find this useful too?

Jev88

Subscriber
40' just under 16.5 mtr with trailer never had any real problems
Thanks for that. I am probably worrying unduly. I don't mind driving big stuff but going over 25 foot limit of current compound means I have to move to a less convenient one. I also have the luxury of being able to park in my own back garden using side access gate but don't know how long i can go before that becomes impossible (when ground firm as don't have my block paved hardstanding ready yet).

Popty

Subscriber
So who says size doesn't matter!!! As wifey and I are both retired coach drivers, we're used to driving coaches over 12 mtr long (40ft in old money) & 8.55 mtr wide lol

M.Harrison

Subscriber
Hi,
Moved from a 26ft European m/h 4 years ago to a 35ft RV and as others have said its more a case of the width that gives me issues. Our local roads at home can be a tad tight to get away from our house...
Length does limit site availability but so far we've not found it an issue.
Certainly not regretted getting the RV :)