Hi ,I’m totally new to this so please forgive me if I come across as an utter idiot. I’m looking for some reassurance

as I think I may have lost my mind having just put a deposit on a 28ft 2001 fourwinds. Firstly, I hope all you lovely people are doing as well as can be expected. My name is Lili and I’m badly in need of any help you can supply me with. I have a 2 berth symphony autosleeper that I wanted to upgrade as I have 4 beautiful hairy children and it just isn’t big enough for us, who are planning a Scottish tour in the Spring,if possible..,so there I am, ebay auction in front of me, suddenly my finger jumps on the button with 3 seconds to go and apparently I’m the new owner! Never mind that I haven’t even sold my van yet or that the new one’s in Inverness and I’m in Norfolk and there’s now a national pandemic or that Trumpie, as my partner in crime(who doesn’t drive by the way), has called her or that I’ve never driven anything bigger than my van or , oh blimey,the list goes on! I know it’s probably impossible but is there, by any chance, anyone out there who can tell me it’s all going to be ok and I haven’t gone stark staring bonkers. All the best and many thanks for your indulgence of this barking mad looney.

Merv-IOM

Subscriber
Well a big hello and welcome to you all. You'll be surprised how many members on here will offer all sorts of help, advice and ridicule (in the nicest possible way).

I'm not that clued up with Fourwinds RV's so can't help much in that front but I can say I too suffer from an impulsive trigger finger!

I'm sure your mind will be put at ease when others on here stir from their Sunday afternoon slumber and spring into action :emo:, good luck in the meantime.

Merv and Sandra

stunette

Subscriber
Hello & welcome to the Forum..! Don't worry about it.. It will all work out fine.! It will be a learning curve, but it's nothing we haven't all had to go through. Once you get the hang of things, you'll wonder why you didn't do it years ago. It might be an idea sometime to have a couple of HGV lessons which will get you used to a big vehicle. If there is anything that you need to know just ask as someone here will help you.! All the best with it, & don't forget, enjoy it.! (y) (y)

Well a big hello and welcome to you all. You'll be surprised how many members on here will offer all sorts of help, advice and ridicule (in the nicest possible way).

I'm not that clued up with Fourwinds RV's so can't help much in that front but I can say I too suffer from an impulsive trigger finger!

I'm sure your mind will be put at ease when others on here stir from their Sunday afternoon slumber and spring into action :emo:, good luck in the meantime.

Merv and Sandra
hi, thanks you two, very kind and witty! don’t worry about the ridicule. at this point i feel that i deserve it!

Hello & welcome to the Forum..! Don't worry about it.. It will all work out fine.! It will be a learning curve, but it's nothing we haven't all had to go through. Once you get the hang of things, you'll wonder why you didn't do it years ago. It might be an idea sometime to have a couple of HGV lessons which will get you used to a big vehicle. If there is anything that you need to know just ask as someone here will help you.! All the best with it, & don't forget, enjoy it.! (y) (y)
hi, love your dogs! thanks a mill for your kind words. it will probably be alright eventually,it’s just reaching that point!

Dgrbruv

Subscriber
Welcome to the club .... We have a 27ft Winnebago ... It won't take you long to get yourself comfortable with the size of your RV, like others have said. Take things nice and slow and don't take any chances....you will have lots of fun. Plenty of knowledge and advice available, just ask and someone will give you the answer you need. (y)(y)

Steve Martin

Subscriber
Welcome to the club and don't worry about a thing. Worry is a wasted emotion that never solves anything.
Congratulations on coming to this forum as you will find the answers to any issue / problem you find.
We have all been there before and we look forward to giving you the help you need, so ask away..(y)
Before you drive the RV away ask the owners how everything works and video / take photo's as you will forget as we all do. Then ask the owner what happens if this or that doesn't work. How to solve it.
Open every door, window move seats etc.
Imagine what it will be like living in it when it rains for days on end.
Then imagine what it will be like parked up in a Scottish glen in the sunshine for days..:)
Most of all, you are about to do what hundreds of people wish they could do..:clap:

onan

Subscriber
First great decision - buying the Fourwinds
Second great decision - joining RVOC

It will only get better. There is a lot of expertise here and don’t be shy, ask any questions. 28ft is a nice length but if you don’t feel comfortable the best suggestion so far has been to take a couple of HGV lessons.

thanks,that’s great advice. i used to work at the motor museum and drove the double decker,double clutch bus but that was on private land with plenty of space and nothing to bang into. think i’ll look into a bit of coaching like you suggest.

Hi and welcome we all click on some things on impulse and survived, as for info plenty on here sorry not from me if you're worried about the size and weight Rick motor romein is your man and he his worth a call, good luck with your new adventures
thanks so much,that’s very kind of you.

paul&debra

Subscriber
Hi and a great big welcome the forum and to the RV world from Paul and Debra. Plenty on here have 40ft RV's so yours is a tiddler by comparison. Take your time, don't let anyone rush you. You will find it becomes quite easy and relaxing, hardest thing will be, getting the smile off your Face. Once this bloody virus has gone, come to one of our rallies, loads of friendly people. But you can take part as much or as little as you want.