Hi Folks - Have I fu<>ed up here

paul&debra

Subscriber
Blair is right, if its not working. There is a thread on here, where someone found an engineer to drill the pipes and fit, filling valves. To keep it icy cool. You might start travelling to Italy or Spain, you would be grateful for it then.

WESTIES ON TOUR

Subscriber
I have a spare wireless CCTV System, so I will fit it to the camper. I will have the RV parked on the Mainland when not in use. Due to the length of it, I will not be taking it back and fore on the ferry. With the 4G internet installed I will be able to keep an eye on it from anywhere. :)
Sounds good but you will soon have a flat battery in the rv

monacosteve

Subscriber
Our first Rv was the Georgie boy landau,
6.5 diesel in 2000, and I must admit it was a fantastic Rv, we went all over Europe with it and it never skipped a beat. I think you have a good buy there.
Enjoy it.

motor roamin

Subscriber
Hi and welcome to the nuthouse, doesn't matter what your RV costs you are ding exactly the same as the 150k one parked next to you, plus it sounds as if you got a bargain there you will find members on here are a friendly lot and if you ever get to one of our meets you will be made very welcome, above all enjoy the RV when we can get out again lol.

Gareth62

Subscriber
Welcome to this crazy mad house, it's full of banter and slagging off but in a fun way Daybreak gets a lot of stick with things always falling off his RV but you have done the right thing buying the RV, I couldn't believe the prices of motor homes compared to RVs we love ours she's old and dated but I've fitted 3 large full size solar panels on the roof and an 8000w inverter, converted to run on LPG we carry 80 gallons of fresh water the black water tank can hold 40 gallons as can the grey waste, so the six of us can last around 3 to 4 days before we need to dump the tanks not twice daily like we where in the caravan before, we can now go anywhere we don't need power or water for days....

Just be aware when working on American electrics BLACK IS LIVE white is neutral green is earth in my RV the green looks like a more of a blue than green....

Last edited:

BLAIR

Subscriber
Welcome to this crazy mad house, it's full of banter and slagging off but in a fun way Daybreak gets a lot of stick with things always falling off his RV but you have done the right thing buying the RV, I couldn't believe the prices of motor homes compared to RVs we love ours she's old and dated but I've fitted 3 large full size solar panels on the roof and an 8000w inverter, converted to run on LPG we carry 80 gallons of fresh water the black water tank can hold 40 gallons as can the grey waste, so the six of us can last around 3 to 4 days before we need to dump the tanks not twice daily like we where in the caravan before, we can now go anywhere we don't need power or water for days....

Just be aware when working on American electrics BLACK IS LIVE white is neutral green is earth in my RV the green looks like a more blue than green....
So what you're saying is BLACK WIRES MATTER :)

Rory799

Subscriber
A wee bit of an update.
I've been using the RV for about 6 weeks now.
I am on the NW Coast of Scotland with it.
First impressions are .... It's Big.
Second impression ..... It's effing big on the single track roads and not "ideal" for Tesco's carpark.
My side cameras (fitted to the mirrors and pointing down) are a big help along with the rear camera.
Once set-up it's very roomy. I haven't bothered with the awning as with the slideout its pretty big ..... big enough for me and my Jack Russel.
I've been thinking of maybe getting a smaller one, but I kind of got used to the space . When I take the slide in for windy weather, it feels a bit "small".
All systems appear to be working well, apart from the water heater.
The cheap Chinese diesel-fired room heater is great., cheap to run, and heats the whole RV with ease.
It can be quite cozy, listening to the rain outside while enjoying a glass of Scotland's finest.

I think I could get used to the lifestyle :)