Hello.......Just joined group.

WESTIES ON TOUR

Subscriber
We got our Monico Riptide from Janes at Empire RV and he is amazingly helpful!We are now in Spain having traveled from UK through France and will carry on traveling through Spain. Great when you are parked up-amazing space-not so brilliant on some of the roads or going through tolls! If it wasn't quite so wide, it would be brilliant. It is not the length that is a problem-but the width can stop you going to places you really would like to have seen....
Nice rv we used to own one, ours was a holiday ramble arista.
Identical RV.

jenmelmar

Subscriber
Nice rv we used to own one, ours was a holiday ramble arista.
Identical RV.
Just looked it up and it looks nice-narrower than this Riptide, and I guess that is our only disappointment that this is so wide compared to many other models. Anyway-we are getting used to it but nice to read other people's comments who have RV's, and many larger ;)

jenmelmar

Subscriber
Having owned our RV for 8 years, we have had numerous trips all over this country, including up in to the Highlands. As well as longer trips to Norway via Holland, Denmark and Sweden, a trip with the club to Venice and another this year to Spain from Dieppe. With rambling journeys accross France and Germany when on the way back. Once or twice we have not been able to get on a campsite, but it is rare. The Toll booths are also tight, but after driving 40,000 miles in the RV, I don't find it as difficult as I used to. So take a breath, and relax. You will find that RV's are the only way to travel.
There was a lovely member on here, a Lady named Sue, who was quite disabled. But managed to travel in her RV with her Great Dane, right up to the Highlands and Islands, as well as Europe. She sadly died of Cancer, but was and is an inspiration to me, of where I can go, and what I can do.
Wow! That is amazing-we just have to keep going. We do love the space of the RV and I guess if you have to do a bit of shuffling to get into places-too bad-we will continue and hopefully enjoy it. As it is our home for the next few years, we have to get used to it. It is always inspirational to read what other people have done in their RV's so I appreciate you writing about it. Thanks :)

Steve Martin

Subscriber
OMG! That is really tricky! I hope your RV was not damaged too much :(
Well, you have done amazingly well and I admire that. We will have to be more adventurous and hope my marshalling skills can get us out of any tight corners ;) Thanks for the mail :)
One small scratch about 3" on front offside (y)
Only took about half a hour to reverse back one mile to turn around tho..

jenmelmar

Subscriber
One small scratch about 3" on front offside (y)
Only took about half a hour to reverse back one mile to turn around tho..
I think you are really brave! We tend to use the sat nav to see our choice of routes-and then when we have decided on one, use Google Earth to check to be sure there is nothing we have missed like low hanging trees, or low bridges etc. So we shouldn't get into bad situations. Some garages can be interesting though ;)

jayandjen

Subscriber
Mototrek still going.
They were at the caravan and motorhome show.
Bit pokey still.
Search on motorhome fun will show mixed customer experiences.
Your homes awesome. Stick with it.
It could help to get a refresher lgv lesson or two in your rv to help.
I just fitted a webasto heater to help the onboard gas. Modification for the future

jenmelmar

Subscriber
Mototrek still going.
They were at the caravan and motorhome show.
Bit pokey still.
Search on motorhome fun will show mixed customer experiences.
Your homes awesome. Stick with it.
It could help to get a refresher lgv lesson or two in your rv to help.
I just fitted a webasto heater to help the onboard gas. Modification for the future
Thanks we will look up that heater. Apparently it is an unusually cold time in Pinoso and last year people were in the pool-so just depends on the weather. Thanks for that advice :)