Headlamp beam Converter

Chonkers

Hi, I own a 2002 Chevy Astro Starcraft and it just failed the MOT on headlight beam direction (how it passed the previous MOTs I never know!). I have ordered some stickers for LHD to UK conversion. Any advice on how to fit or point me in the right direction will be much appreciated.

Many thanks

paul&debra

Subscriber
Should not need beam deflectors. American motors just dip straight down. The MOT station needs to read up as they are exempt. There is a member on here, who will be able to quote chapter and verse. Tell you where in the regs to find it. You might need to find a RV experienced mot station

motor roamin

Subscriber
Chevy Astro 2002 should not need anything for MOT as the beams are straight I have imported two of my own Astros owned from new by me From 93 - 97 and recently brought a 03 in for a friend and many more USA vehicles over the years all have gone straight through MOT's unfortunately you have a MOT man who doesn't understand the regulations piss poor but not unusual.

RV Neal

Subscriber
That's detailed information Rob. I've never had a US vehicle fail an MOT on headlamp aim in 37 years of ownership. I have, however, replaced US sealed beam units with CE-marked halogen bulb ones on a couple of RVs.

I fitted LED headlamp bulbs in my E-450 last year and it sailed through the MOT in July.

shovelheadrob

Subscriber
That's detailed information Rob. I've never had a US vehicle fail an MOT on headlamp aim in 37 years of ownership. I have, however, replaced US sealed beam units with CE-marked halogen bulb ones on a couple of RVs.

I fitted LED headlamp bulbs in my E-450 last year and it sailed through the MOT in July.
Just screen shots from a Google search, all the information is available, you just have to look in the right place......
Some people genuinely don't know about these things, some people are too lazy to look (not directed at the op, more at the tester!)