Heading to the French ski fields

Member No
RV Type
Georgie Boy Pursuit
RV Experience
Nil
I’ve booked a 2 week campsite at 1000m altitude for skiing. It’s our first time in Europe or anywhere. Any tips? We don’t plan to move the vehicle as we will be within walking distance of everything. And at 9m long is bulky.
Who would be the best roadside assistance companies to use/sign up for for both Uk and EU.
They say they can accommodate the motorhome but there are so many that don’t take over 7 or 8m long.
Open to any info.
Lynne and John
Georgie boy pursuit.

tacr2man

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
Overlander 6x6
Model
Bucher Duro
RV Experience
Look at getting RAC arrivals thru CC or I believe now available thru CMC as well .
You should find Europe far more relaxing to drive in compared with UK , as you will sat on right side of vehicle for driving . Its also generally far less heavy traffic.
If you are diesel , and depending where you are heading if going via Luxembourg is attractive for diesel cost saving.
Have you done your homework ref toll roads ? esp with regard to being above 3500kg ?

Member No
RV Type
Georgie Boy Pursuit
RV Experience
Nil
Hi there,
I know that we are too heavy for normal tolls, and have to go through the HGV tolls which are higher. We don't have a route plan but want to get from A-B without too much fuss as it's our first time. We are deisel, we are traveleing to Venosc in France. We have 2 dogs and some kids with us as well.

Back