Head lights

lee and sheryl

Subscriber
Theyook good as ours which I assume ar the same as everyone elses are light a couple of candles, I avoid driving in the dark but when I do I drive on high beam and it's still rubbish and not one person has ever flashes me.
I have brought the bright bulbs and see how they go

AdrianP

Subscriber
There must be something about American vehicles and crap headlights...

My 1998 Mustang I had, even after fitting 100/80 bulbs, the lights were still like candles when driving at night

My current 2001 F150, the headlights were crap too, tried the better bulbs and nope, no real improvement so I've gone and fitted LEDs to all of the front lights, has made a huge difference :)

I have them aimed slightly lower then the normal bulbs and not blinded anyone yet so well worth considering

Last edited:

WESTIES ON TOUR

Subscriber
Jason,

Looks good - have you any 'before' photos

Perhaps you could 'pop' the 'old' bulbs back in and take a couple of similar pictures (y)(y)(y)

Strictly in the interests of science, you understand, so that we might compare :rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Sorry, couldn't sleep / up early !!)
Hi,

Had a play last night these can be easily adjusted H4,here is the link bought from Amazon.

sundowner

Subscriber
I was always led to believe that the wiring is too light and fitting larger bulbs can't help as too little power to fully power original bulbs------ they used to fit a relay and heavier wires.
The second ram we had actually had really good lights------ maybe the previous owner modified them!!!!!

RV Neal

Subscriber
I was always led to believe that the wiring is too light and fitting larger bulbs can't help as too little power to fully power original bulbs------ they used to fit a relay and heavier wires.
The second ram we had actually had really good lights------ maybe the previous owner modified them!!!!!
The ones "featured" here are LED headlights, they will always use less power than conventional halogen bulbs and produce more light (if you buy "kosher" ones). Years ago I fitted high power, high wattage headlamp bulbs to my Rockwood, and they seemed to give a very slight improvement until I switched to main beam. Then the circuit interrupter activated and I did the impression of an ambulance on an emergency call!! :oops: