Great service from Snooper(tpms)

johnpengers

Subscriber
Morning all.
I found yesterday morning that one of my tpm valves wasn't working:(.After checking the actual tyre pressure with the gauge it seemed the valve had stopped "transmitting"
As per usual the guarantee had just ran out and priced a new one at around £70:sweating:.
After telling my tale of woe to Civita(wife)she rang Snooper and spoke to a chap called Adesh,I'm not sure what she promised him but about an hour ago a new valve dropped through the letter box along with six air fresheners all free of charge apart from sending the old one back !!
So,a big thank you to Snooper and of course Adesh(y)

shovelheadrob

Subscriber
Never fancied the Snooper sat navs:(. Garmin and tom tom for me.
The tpms was recommended to me by a friend who swears by them (y)
I've had Garmin for years but the last one takes hours, sometimes overnight, to do updates & even now it doesn't use the new section of the A14 (open for over 6 months now) for routing. Their customer service is non existent, I've messaged them about it & they don't reply.....
Tom tom also has the same problem.

car1966

Subscriber
We have a camper tomtom and got it about 2years ago it update quicker than the last tomtom, it use to take overnight to up date,
This one will update as long as there is a wi,fi no need to plug in ,and i find it quite good, as long as you use a bit of common sense :nerd:

lee and sheryl

Subscriber
We have the Garmin motorhome one but I must have a setting wrong somewhere as it always takes us the most challenging route ,through towns and villages and housing estates. I have checked the normal settings but all seem fine.

car1966

Subscriber
We have the Garmin motorhome one but I must have a setting wrong somewhere as it always takes us the most challenging route ,through towns and villages and housing estates. I have checked the normal settings but all seem fine.
Our tomtom one is set to the fastest route i found if it was set to the shortest route then it took you on a straighter route though towns and villages ok but just takes longer, allso high width and length setting, and since the bugger took us off the motorway into Irun and then back on the motorway it is now set to tell me if i want to save 2,minutes :swear::swear: , but the worst thing was the Boss was Bollo..king me for taking notice of tomtom, so carn't win when i said i am turning here cos i no where we are i still get a bollo.king.
:banghead::banghead:

lee and sheryl

Subscriber
I have set it to fastest but it didn't work ,it has tried to take me down some.tiny roads but if I cant see whats down there and it looks tight I do have common sence and I dont go down it.
If in doubt I have been known to pull up and check Google street view or.take the car off the back and go do a rekky.
So far we have done about 12000 miles and never got caught out :)