Got the call

NeilandJo

Subscriber
Its awesome - my mum had hers yesterday! cant wait to visit her in a month!
Seems liek they are really ramping up now :)
I'm concerned about the vaccine only being up to 60% effective, though the new one maybe 87%, some reports say the lockdowns may have to continue to September and possibly beyond because of the vaccine being ineffective, but then again, the virus is just another version of the flu, and we cant get shot of that, so what hope is there with covid

car1966

Subscriber
Just to say this is what I think if it's 60% effective that could mean 60% less people going in to hospital and if that gives us a breathing space till they sort it out, we should get back to getting out and about,
And 1 hour from now I will have had my jab which will give me 60% chance of not going in to hospital.

paul&debra

Subscriber
Just to say this is what I think if it's 60% effective that could mean 60% less people going in to hospital and if that gives us a breathing space till they sort it out, we should get back to getting out and about,
And 1 hour from now I will have had my jab which will give me 60% chance of not going in to hospital.
The 60% is of not catching it. It is more or less 100% that you won't get seriously ill. Congratulations on the jab, first step to freedom.