Got followed home today. ....

chatter

Subscriber
tripple axle- wow- out of interest what weight is the trailer. Looking forward to the interior pics, does it have 3 slideouts or more, have seen one which had 5 slideouts down at Daves one time

shovelheadrob

Subscriber
Yes it's a toy hauler, 37ft with 12ft garage, 11720 lbs dry (factory figure) & 15500 lbs GVW, haven't put it on the bridge yet to check, but it felt pretty similar to the other one which I know the weight is close to 12000 lbs in running order.
Only 2 slides, lounge & bedroom, needs a bit of work, I've got someone to do the roof locally, tidy up a few bits, then a proper 240v conversion, swap the lights for led (inside & out), then it can earn it's keep!
Doesn't sound too bad if you say it quickly. ...

Gareth62

Subscriber
Yes it's a toy hauler, 37ft with 12ft garage, 11720 lbs dry (factory figure) & 15500 lbs GVW, haven't put it on the bridge yet to check, but it felt pretty similar to the other one which I know the weight is close to 12000 lbs in running order.
Only 2 slides, lounge & bedroom, needs a bit of work, I've got someone to do the roof locally, tidy up a few bits, then a proper 240v conversion, swap the lights for led (inside & out), then it can earn it's keep!
Doesn't sound too bad if you say it quickly. ...
That will keep you out of trouble

RV Neal

Subscriber
We see a quad axle one (the only four-axle fifth wheel I've ever seen) each year at Great Dorset Steam Rally. It's owned by one of the showmen.

shovelheadrob

Subscriber
Had an hour spare this afternoon so had a check of everything, (the seller had assured me that he'd seen everything working when he got it, but had no gas bottle for me to try...) furnace working, water heater working, all internal lights working, igniter on cooker non functional (found one on Amazon for £15 delivered next week) there's a brand new Flojet macerator in a locker (bonus as I'd been thinking of getting one for a while!), ordered some baggage door catches (the ones that hold the doors open. Lubricated all the locks & they mostly now work fine. The electrics are eerrrr interesting, the 12v & 120v stuff is mostly fine, it's the 240v stuff that looks like it's been done by someone with a degree in stand up comedy. Yes that's actually a thing!26233

Gareth62

Subscriber
Back in the 70s an 80s I thought it was a joke that lads did a city an guilds in tyre changing but looking at how the industry has moved on since then it's a lot more involved now a days.

Gareth62

Subscriber
Haha & most of them still don't know how to use a torque wrench, or apply it after over torquing the nuts with a rattle gun. .....
It clearly says on Fords wheel locking nuts not to use air tools (Rattle guns) to tighten wheel nuts.
When I had lost my locking nut key I stood there watching the Ford guy swaping over the new for old with a rattle gun he said after he only spun them up then tightened with torque wrench. But I know what I saw....