Good Morning

paul&debra

Subscriber
Morning from a frosty corner of Kent, 6degrees inside the van first thing, didn't take long to get it nice and cosy though.

Left mum and dad to their own devices on Monday, mums getting around reasonably well now and I've left them enough meals in the freezer for around 2 months, milk and paper delivered just arranging a loaf of bread every couple of days. I've to go back and take her to the drs on Friday to have the staples out, thought long and hard about it, should I get a care taxi type thing to take her or go myself, decide there's less risk if I take her than have her in a vehicle where others have been and with someone she doesn't know. I'd rather not be doing it to be honest but not sure of another option other than my pliers out the tool box which for some reason she's not Ken on, dad said he'd hold her down.

We are on a lovely isolated field in the middle of no where but the owner wants us to leave, think he's ok actually but it's his business partner and his family want us away after the CC announcement at the weekend and he's some b*****d neibours who spy everyone coming and going so he won't risk the his 28night rule. I've tried to tell him that the legislation is now saying we should not move but they won't have any of it. I don't blame him but if I ever catch up with his neighbors we'll......... they come round every morning in their adjacent field and check who's here.

Friends who have a farm on the marsh have said we can park up there, which we are happily going to accept. We can isolate there for the time being.

Now the what to do, we are going to take the sunseeker not he merc, if it's going to be a long haul isolation we need more space. The see,er failed its mot, just over a week ago, until now I've not had the time to do the repair, ball joints, I plan to hopefully do them today but to mot it I need to drive it around thirty miles and then back to the mot station, I don't think at this time that would be essential travel, so thinking I repaire and then chance not getting stopped driving the 10miles or so to friends place. i think I'm bugered either way, be condemned for driving distance for mot or be condemned for driving with out the mot elsewhere.
Your thoughts appreciated.

Have a safe day all.

Shawn
If you get pulled, tell them because of size. You have to go to Lorry MOT stations and they have closed. If the vehicle is over 7.5 ton and registered as a PHGV . I would have thought covered under the three months extension to MOT. Well the police will be just as confused as everybody else. No points for no MOT and a band A fine, so 50% of your weekly income. Weekly income based on what you tell them, if no income then based on £120 benefit rate. So £60 fine, if it gets to court £85 costs and £32 victim surcharge so total £177
If you don't have a job, ask to pay by installments at £10 per fortnight.

ek&lol

Subscriber
If you get pulled, tell them because of size. You have to go to Lorry MOT stations and they have closed. If the vehicle is over 7.5 ton and registered as a PHGV . I would have thought covered under the three months extension to MOT. Well the police will be just as confused as everybody else. No points for no MOT and a band A fine, so 50% of your weekly income. Weekly income based on what you tell them, if no income then based on £120 benefit rate. So £60 fine, if it gets to court £85 costs and £32 victim surcharge so total £177
If you don't have a job, ask to pay by installments at £10 per fortnight.
Paul what is victim surcharge I could never work that one out??.

Steve Martin

Subscriber
Goooooooooooooood morning from another beautiful day at Twin Lakes, definitely coming back here for a few weeks later in the year..(y)(y)
We had a great day yesterday self isolating in the sunshine but sadly we have to leave tomorrow.
Merv n Sandra off in a bit so the campsite will look empty when all the RVs have gone leaving Pedro to enjoy the peace and tranquillity to the lakes...
Will try and bring some Spanish sun with us on our return to the UK.(y)(y)

shawn&emma

Subscriber
Good morning from a sunny cold corner of Kent. Frost already burnt Of by a hazy sun, winds a bit sharpe on the marsh though.

Finished replacing the ball joints yesterday, second side was quicker as didn't waste loads of time trying to find where the wedge went.

Both in there this morning giving it a clean through before putting our stuff back in. Collecting mum and taking her to drs for staples to come out from knee op. They've been on their own now since I left them on Monday so will be able to gauge how things are going.

Supposed to be of here today but they'll have to wait till tomorrow. Still think we are isolated better staying where we are in the middle of nowhere but heho.

On a plus note, the holiday park where we should have been starting work next week for the summer rang yesterday and said they still need us when they are allowed to reopen. Probably going to be a long time of though.

Have a good day everyone.
Drive safe on those empty French roads those coming back.
Shawn