Gone with the Wind

dj motormouth

Subscriber
Just looked up at the fan in the kitchen area and could see through to the sky! Part of the fan cowling has broken off and disappeared, I thought I saw a crack in it the other day and obviously the wind has got under it and ripped part of it off. It was the type that allowed for the lid of the fan to be open and the rain to not come in, a massive thing when up close on the roof. I cannot find one anywhere so am going to replace the whole fan with a Maxxfan Deluxe and then put the old one in the toilet as the fan there is broken. Suppose while on the roof will have to clean the whole thing and check for any leaks, just the job now that the nights are drawing in and it is cold and windy.

ek&lol

Subscriber
Just looked up at the fan in the kitchen area and could see through to the sky! Part of the fan cowling has broken off and disappeared, I thought I saw a crack in it the other day and obviously the wind has got under it and ripped part of it off. It was the type that allowed for the lid of the fan to be open and the rain to not come in, a massive thing when up close on the roof. I cannot find one anywhere so am going to replace the whole fan with a Maxxfan Deluxe and then put the old one in the toilet as the fan there is broken. Suppose while on the roof will have to clean the whole thing and check for any leaks, just the job now that the nights are drawing in and it is cold and windy.
I replaced with a maxxifan brilliant 10 speeds in or out.