Glass cut for Motorhomes

Popeye 68

Subscriber
Hello all!

Hope you are all doing well and looking forward to a fun Summer travelling.

I'm about to start restoring a 1978 Dodge Apache RV, but I am finding it really difficult to source a couple of things.
1. A hinged quarterlight replacement glass- can this be custom cut? Do people custom cut auto glass?
2. I can't find a replacement body part, the windscreen cowl cover, for a similar vehicle. Does anyone know of any American dealers in the UK, please?
Both offending articles on picture below.Screenshot_20210427-134232_Gallery.jpg
I've exhausted my laptop, trawling on WWW and then getting really distracted by other stuff.

Any help gratefully accepted! All good wishes,

Paul

paul&debra

Subscriber
Is the quarter light flat or curved. If flat just take a template to a glass company and ask for 5mm polished all round, toughened with holes for the hinge.

If its curved, a whole different ball game. I can put you in touch with a company that can do it. But the cost is in the manufacturing of the mould. Once the first one is done, copies are cheap.

Popeye 68

Subscriber
Is the quarter light flat or curved. If flat just take a template to a glass company and ask for 5mm polished all round, toughened with holes for the hinge.

If its curved, a whole different ball game. I can put you in touch with a company that can do it. But the cost is in the manufacturing of the mould. Once the first one is done, copies are cheap.
Thanks for this. I will check this weekend and let you know how I got on. Thanks for your help. Very much appreciated!