Full Time

Daybreaker

Subscriber
Hi Guys and Gals we are thinking of fulltiming. A useful link would be "Where are the sites that you can full time in that are not too costly" Its actually putting me off doing this as it seems hard to find a suitable site that may even be semi permanent. We couldn't live in laybys ( Sorry Mr Steve Martin;))

JohnC

Subscriber
Better option may be seasonal pitches or have a couple of sites and rotate them. Saves a lot of hassle and gives you a change from time to time.

shovelheadrob

Subscriber
We have a full time pitch at a site in Lincolnshire. We are charged £45 pw + electric when we are on site, and £10pw (to retain our fully serviced pitch) when we are not. From our research this is very reasonable.

That sounds very good, do they have many full time pitches?

Jimbo99

Surely you have to decide what is affordable to your income and then find sites that are comparable with your finances
Your question is basically how long is a piece of string the answer ? how long do you want it to be dilly dilly

Daybreaker

Subscriber
What you can afford & what you consider reasonable may be worlds apart, just because you might have a large disposable income doesn't mean that you'd be happy paying out perhaps £600+ a month for a pitch. Every little helps.

Some sites are very costly when you consider we are paying for facilities we never use like the loos and the showers. I think we used a shower once when the pump broke. These high end sites should consider a reduction in cost in not using their facilities especially when they issue a code to enter. Rant over(y):)

LordElpus

Some sites are very costly when you consider we are paying for facilities we never use like the loos and the showers. I think we used a shower once when the pump broke. These high end sites should consider a reduction in cost in not using their facilities especially when they issue a code to enter. Rant over(y):)
I always refer to the response that Delboy gave to a Hotelier in an episode of Only fools & Horses, when he challenged the cost of his stay.
The Hotelier pointed out the pool, the gym, the golf course and all the other facilities that were available for him, which Delboy pointed out he didn’t use. “Ah, but they WERE there if you wanted to use them”
Delboy then crossed out the bill and reduced it by £100. “What’s that for” said the hotelier. “That’s for having sex with my wife”. “But I didn’t have sex with your wife”, “Ah, but she WAS there if you wanted her”!!

jayandjen

Subscriber
Thing is those fancy showers cost money . The investetment will need to be paid for by paying customers.
Divid into the pitch prices.

I can only imagine youd be unhappy if you turned up and were told your pitch is no longer availible because someone came along willing to pay full price so they could use them.

Often i pay more as i have kids. Guess they use more leccy loo roll etc. Its fair enough i think