Fuel system type

adi4

Subscriber
Just "Google'd it. But still, what, in the Phot's, told you this?
TBI = Throttle Body Injection
On the TBI the air filter ( round ) is on the top of the engine.
On the multi point injection there is a throttle body on the front of the mainfold with an air intake tube going off to under the passengers floor where the air filter is located ( rectangle )

Adi & Cassie

adi4

Subscriber
DH5378ZZZZS.jpg

Not exactly correct as this is the later 8.1 but you can see the air intake tube coming off the front of the manifold and going off to the right at the top of the pic (y)

Adi & Cassie

shovelheadrob

Subscriber
I've not seen a multi point lpg conversion on a single point injection vehicle before, I've seen an old diaphragm system on an injected vehicle, but every day's a school day as they say.

adi4

Subscriber
I've not seen a multi point lpg conversion on a single point injection vehicle before, I've seen an old diaphragm system on an injected vehicle, but every day's a school day as they say.
All the LPG system needs would be an injector pulse and a Lambda reading to work I would think, a lot of the early multi point injection systems were batch fire not SFI so all of the multi point LPG injectors whould have been fired at the same time, you would need a cam sensor pulse to time SFI

Adi & Cassie

Geofff

Thanks again, I will look.
I'me confused. Are you saying, that I have a "Single Point" system, that's been converted?

Geofff

Just realised, (On looking on how to clean the air filter) that it looks like, (what I assumed was something to do with the air intake) that there is a "Carburetor" in the air filter housing. I will take a photo, today, and post it. Any comments, will be very much appreciated. Thanks..

Geofff

As I said in post 19, you have a TBI engine, single point injection ( looks like a carb with an injector in it ) with a multi point LPG system fitted (y)(y)

Adi & Cassie
Oh, at last, forgive me, "NOW" I understand!.... Thank you so much for this. I will not post the Photo now.

Geofff

OK, every body who helped, thank you all. I now have what I need, (Regarding this) , so I do not need any more of your time, and help.
However, I will "No doubt", need help on other issues. Speak to you all soon.
PS: I must come over as "A bit thick"! I am not, I assure you, but this "Beast", is like a "Tank!" I've never had anything like it, it is "All new" to me.

car1966

Subscriber
OK, every body who helped, thank you all. I now have what I need, (Regarding this) , so I do not need any more of your time, and help.
However, I will "No doubt", need help on other issues. Speak to you all soon.
PS: I must come over as "A bit thick"! I am not, I assure you, but this "Beast", is like a "Tank!" I've never had anything like it, it is "All new" to me.

Hi it doesn't matter on here what you are :)

Iam as thick as a plank, rich or poor, everyone is welcome and no question is silly, there is allways some one will answer,
And allways someone to take the mick,
You just have to give it back,
Enjoy your new Beasts (y)