Fuel system type

Geofff

Hi, Can anyone please tell me, how I can find out what my Chevrolet V8 uses (Single Point/Multi Point/ Carburetor)? from the V.I.N. (Or anything else) This, is so I know, what type of " LPG Service" (And it's cost) to get. Thanks in advance, for any "Input".
PS: I have tried to find out, but to no avail.

RV Neal

Subscriber
My searches have just revealed that Chevrolet introduced Throttle Body Fuel Injection (single-port injection) in 1988 for the 454ci engine. The engine was next upgraded to the L19 version in 1995 which is when it is likely to have multi-point fuel injection. Don't take this a s gospel, It's just what I've found out on Google!

Geofff

Well, I couldn't take a photo, as I just could not see the Manifold, without taking things off. I did not want to do this, as it may give me trouble, best to leave things alone. Surely, there must be a way to ascertain what "Info", I need. Thank you ALL, for your time, and effort.
PS:... I did go to a garage, but they wanted £90 (Min of 1 Hour) to look, and tell me. Are they MAD! ?

adi4

Subscriber
Well, I couldn't take a photo, as I just could not see the Manifold, without taking things off. I did not want to do this, as it may give me trouble, best to leave things alone. Surely, there must be a way to ascertain what "Info", I need. Thank you ALL, for your time, and effort.
PS:... I did go to a garage, but they wanted £90 (Min of 1 Hour) to look, and tell me. Are they MAD! ?
Is the air filter on top of the engine, or has it got a tube that comes off the front of the engine with an air flow meter in it and going under the passengers foot well?

Adi & Cassie

motor roamin

Subscriber

If they want £90 then best put that in your fuel tank and go see Adi4 down in Weymouth Man who actually knows what he is doing and wont need to take more than 10 mins to tell you what you have got for free, he is also more than capable of doing any work needed, believe me there are very few people I will let near any of my vehicles including my Corvette but Adi is the man who does mine now I struggle with no where to do it.

Geofff

Is the air filter on top of the engine, or has it got a tube that comes off the front of the engine with an air flow meter in it and going under the passengers foot well?

Adi & Cassie
Hi, Yes, it is "On top". But what a fool I am! On lying in bed, thinking about it, I realised that I can proberly see what I need, by taking the huge cover off, from inside the Cab, Idiot!

Geofff

If they want £90 then best put that in your fuel tank and go see Adi4 down in Weymouth Man who actually knows what he is doing and wont need to take more than 10 mins to tell you what you have got for free, he is also more than capable of doing any work needed, believe me there are very few people I will let near any of my vehicles including my Corvette but Adi is the man who does mine now I struggle with no where to do it.
Thank you.

adi4

Subscriber
Hi, Yes, it is "On top". But what a fool I am! On lying in bed, thinking about it, I realised that I can proberly see what I need, by taking the huge cover off, from inside the Cab, Idiot!
That would make it single point injection (y) (y)

Adi and Cassie

Geofff

OK, Got the cover off (Heavy!). Please see Photo's. I will now research this, but presumably, because their are "Eight" , (What look like the injection Jet's) it may have a "Multi point" system. Hope this also helps someone, as well.
Also, as I am looking at a lot of things, on this "Beast", if I can be of any assistance to anyone, please just ask.
Thank you ALL.

Attachments