FRANCE <<<which way??>>

sandra55

HI ALL, HERE TO PICK YOUR BRAINS AGAIN, WERE THINKING OF TAKING THE RV TO FRANCE THIS YEAR AND AS WE HAVNT TAKEN IT ABROAD BEFORE THOUGHT FRANCE WOULD BE A GOOD PLACE TOO START. QUESTION IS WHERE? WANT REASONABLE WEATHER AND NOT GOT A TOW CAR AS YET WOULD LIKE TO DO A BIT OF A TOUR NOT ON SAME SITE FOR TWO WEEKS, ANY SUGESTIONS? i know some of you are very seasoned travellers esp, you jim amoung others any help very gratefully recieved:crying:

Something is wrong. I logged on this morning and could edit this post, which is not mine. Mods / Admin to the front please. Regards, SuperMike
YES SO CAN I EDIT????????????????????????? GARRY FLATPACKCHICKEN:blink::blink:

Last edited by a moderator:

sutton133

Hi Sandra55

Consider Obernai, just south of Strassbourg. Stayed there two nights on our way down to Rome last summer, and it was so pleasant we stayed there three nights on the way back. Beautiful village with plenty to see and eat. Good camp site with several places suitable for a Winnebago Brave.

All details in the Big Pitch Guide European section (sorry, I don't have mine to hand at the moment).

Hope this helps.

Regards

Graham & Marian

Last edited:
S

sloberdoberbob

Best get a copy of the ACSI book

The ACSI book shows all the facts about sites all over Europe, it shows a picture.. The maps at the back show location. The detail gives max size of RV and the size of pitch... It also gives the ACSI discount .. Very useful book. Comes out in December and you should still be able to get a copy from Vicarious books... Www.vicarious books.co.uk ... Costs £11.99

We use a very nice site at Somminaries in the South of France... Near an old town, but every have there favorites.... But remember there are municipal sites and then there are Aires to stop over at on the way to or from where ever.

Plenty of books out there on all the subjects mentioned. There seems more camp sites in Europe than the uk and often a lot cheaper.

Have fun

Bob:crying:

T

Toffs-rv

Another website to look at is www.ukcampsite.co.uk it has a France section with reviews etc. Just click on the map around where you want to go, for quite a few there are links to their websites.

All the campsites we have used so far (although admitedly mostly in the Euro MH) have come from there, worth a look.

Good luck:thumbup:
Gary

Paul Dowthwaite

Looks like a good sized rig you have there so Aires will be of limited use. In my smaller unit (7.5m) I use them most of the time in France - cheap (usually free) and walking distance to places of interest, restaurants, bars, shopping ect. Some are able to accommodate bigger rigs and All The Aires In France (also All . . . . In Spain) available from Vicarious Books. Also much greater freedom of choice and open out of season - - not easy to find a campsite after September.

Dgrbruv

Subscriber
Hi,
I would recommend a few days in Haro ..Rioja center and over a dozen Wineries (Muga winery has a superb tour with English speaking guide) ..Nice campsite by the river ..walking distance to lovely town.
Check it out if you get chance.
Cheers
Ian :)

Paul Dowthwaite

I'll second that, a really nice site in Haro but . . . . . . it's a good drive from France, being in Spain. About 100 miles from the Bayonne French border.

Dgrbruv

Subscriber
I'll second that, a really nice site in Haro but . . . . . . it's a good drive from France, being in Spain. About 100 miles from the Bayonne French border.
That's true ..... I forgot about the France bit ..as we took the ferry to Bilbao :blush: ............ On the way back home our ferry was cancelled due to industrial action and we had to drive the 800 miles through France to Calais ...!!!!