Ford Coachmen Mirada 2001 problem with water

Gareth62

Subscriber
My mirada if you fill the tank and use it on city sometimes the pump won't work as the line has to much pressure fix this by turning the selector taps to drain for a few seconds water should drain off over the near side wheel.

Or look in the black water tank locker there is a 2 way switch for the pump this may be switched the wrong way mine has two way and off in the middle.

It's there so you don't have to go back in to the coach to turn off the water pump if you need to turn it off. When I first bought my RV I thought it was the light switch and couldn't get the light to work then I found the light switch was built in to the light it self and was at the back of it so you couldn't see it.... took a while to work out why the pump wouldn't work sometimes....

Last edited:

lee and sheryl

Subscriber
Yes don't need pump on but for some reason if I come off city and back to the pump I have to relieve pressure before the pump, else the pump just won't work
Hi , I might be miss understanding but once you disconnect the mains water and turn the valves back to pump then as soon as you turn on a tap the pressure will drop and the pump will kick back in to action. This is how mine works

Gareth62

Subscriber
Mine doesn't do that it holds the pressure and I have to release it or the pressure sensors either side of the pump still think city is connected and the pump doesn't work. Maybe a faulty sensor then but I know it's there and know the work around I just thought all would be the same. I don't like having it on city I tend to just fill the tank use it and refill the 80 gallons lasts near on a week so long as we the 6 of us don't over do the shower

lee and sheryl

Subscriber
Does turning the tap on not release the pressure then ?
I never use mine on mains water I just tried it once to see how it all worked. I also.just fill the tank and use that

lee and sheryl

Subscriber
On mine the mains input supply is tee,d in to the outlet side of the pump and the pump and mains inlet has a NRV.
So when connecting to the mains it simply takes over from the pump.
If the mains pressure is low the pump will kick in so I turn it off.

RussellD

Subscriber
Thanks very much for all your replies they were all very helpful, I think I've got it working now, not back at the RV till weekend, will post again if I need more help.
Great site glad I joined.
Russell