Flat Batteries

rig7944

Subscriber
Could it be the battery disconnected Solenoid , I had that go on my Lexington, nothing wouldn't charge , solar / hook up or with the engine running

First I would check to see if you are getting a charge voltage
Give Jason a call he is a very good Rv Electics man
+44 7366 937237
He is mobile

RV Neal

Subscriber
Could it be the battery disconnected Solenoid , I had that go on my Lexington, nothing wouldn't charge , solar / hook up or with the engine running

First I would check to see if you are getting a charge voltage
Depends how your solar charge system has been wired. I fitted my solar system myself and the charge cables are connected directly to the battery bank (with a fuse inline). This means that, if all else fails, I will still get charge from the solar panels (which, at 2 x 100 watt, do a brilliant job of keeping everything up!)

BLAIR

Subscriber
So I went to the RV today and the batteries were fully charged! Having bought a multimeter on the way there I thought I’d give it a go anyway, I disconnected the batteries and tested the output of the charger 13.7v I then tested the output of the solar 13.2v so from what I can work out if (like I did) I forget to switch the battery isolation switch off when I plug in the shore line my batteries don’t get charged. Is that normal?

Olley

Subscriber
When I am on hook up my charger is connected unless I switch it off. Generally the only time I switch it off is if I am powering the rv via my inverter.