Fell a bit on the small size

S

sloberdoberbob

Sue and I have worked out we must be the smallest of the RV's floating about at the moment. Being a B class .. we are on the Ford Super duty E350 chassis - Winnibago Apsect 23d (no the d does not mean diesel).. we have the V10 Triton 6.8 petrol engine with a 5 speed box. Even the Griffs in there Apect 27 is bigger than us.

OK we have a slide which makes us almost as wide as long (only joking).. but we do look small up against say Rick & Rosie (motor romin) or Bill and Shirley (Landy Lover).. but we are the jewel in between when we park near them We seemed to be towered over by by some of the RV's we see.

But I guess I have the same power lump as many of the 32' out there. I pull less weight so I can shift it fast if I have to... only 0 to 60 in one day and not a week like some of the big boys:wink:

I can cruise all day at 1800 rpm at 55 mph... B ut the best part is I can park it on my drive.... would have loved to gone for a 29' with 2 or 3 slide outs... who knows maybe one day.. but for now we love the winnibago and have just nearly finish putting the odds and ends on (I know I have said that before..just one more job dear:crying:)

So is there anyone smaller than us ? we are 23'9" without the tow ball or the trailer.

Bob:thumbup:

Landy Lover

Subscriber
Never mind Bob you know the old saying never mind the quality feel the width. There are very few sites you will not be able to get on with that unit - Some wardens look at our unit and the height and near have a heart attack - immediately think its 10ft wide 40ft long and 15ft tall weighing in at anything over 20 tonnes:blink: look at me in total disbelief when I tell them 7ft 6in wide 27ft unhitched and 12ft tall weighing in at well under 3.5 tonnes - much less than many of the Euroboxes they already have on site.

UK Streamer

Subscriber
We nearly beat you - up-sized from a Winnebago LeSharo to the Airstream, some time ago now. The LeSharo was at 21ft and a really good all rounder - but always hankered the for the Airstream.

In most cases small is great. good for ALL campgrounds and most car parks!

S

sloberdoberbob

looks like we still hold the record

I do not class Road Treks or Pleasureways as RV's (over grown day vans...I love them though:lol:).. but true RV's we still seem to be the smallest out there at the moment.

Bob:crying:

UK Streamer

Subscriber
Whoa! Back up there....... :wink:

I totally disagree (my View) :biggrin:

Americans class an RV as any Recreational Vehicle - including pop-ups! So any size any type is acceptable and size doesn't matter - it is what YOU want and what YOU are happy with. Do not feel under-minded because your RV is appears lesser than others :thumbup: - Ours is nearly 30 years old but would not change it.....

It is only us English that think RV Means a Big Bus :001_tongue::001_tongue:

Phil

What size are we, depends who's asking, CC club, 29 foot odd definatley under 30 foot and smaller than the big caravans they have on, means we can get on most cc sites:biggrin: though don't use them much. Dvla has us as a nine seater bus over 30 foot. True size? book says 29 foot 3inch excluding ladder, spare tyre, and the missus parks it on the drive, we love it.
phil

S

sloberdoberbob

size is not everything (well in some thing may be!)

As they say size is not everything .. well may be in some things:wink:.. Our first RV - A Champion A class Titan on a Dodge Chassis was aroun d the 29' plus ladder and in those days motorbike rack (folding DoBlazi 50cc) we had a couple of kids bikes on the front on a rack (now that is unusual at the front) so we came well over 30'. But 20 years back there were few RV's in the UK compared to today.. we even got pulled by police to just have a look in side.

In the middle we have had a Dodge Ram Van (day van) and we tugged a caravan with that and boly we were long.

The budget ment we could go for most sizes that allowed me the 7.5 tons limit... but we still decided in the end to go for the B class rather than the A class (still not sure if that was the right thing to do .. as Gordon Brown used to always say:cursing:).. but it was what we got for the money and the size that sold us. Anyway I can always pop round to Ricks and Rosie (Motor Romin) or Bill & Shirley (Landy Lover) - they both have plenty of room for guest that invite them selves over:blushing:..

We can sneak on to the CCC sites no problems ..the trailer is hidden behind the RV so they often do not see that it brings us over 32' long..:001_rolleyes:

But no I do not have a problem of being the smallest or near the smallest.. As I say I had a Ram day van .. and they are great.. love to own a Pleasureway... say the 22' with the b ig body on it as an every day drive... one day perhaps.

As they say size is not everything .. well may be in some things:wink:.. Our first RV - A Champion A class Titan on a Dodge Chassis was aroun d the 29' plus ladder and in those days motorbike rack (folding DoBlazi 50cc) we had a couple of kids bikes on the front on a rack (now that is unusual at the front) so we came well over 30'. But 20 years back there were few RV's in the UK compared to today.. we even got pulled by police to just have a look in side.

In the middle we have had a Dodge Ram Van (day van) and we tugged a caravan with that and boly we were long.

The budget ment we could go for most sizes that allowed me the 7.5 tons limit... but we still decided in the end to go for the B class rather than the A class (still not sure if that was the right thing to do .. as Gordon Brown used to always say:cursing:).. but it was what we got for the money and the size that sold us. Anyway I can always pop round to Ricks and Rosie (Motor Romin) or Bill & Shirley (Landy Lover) - they both have plenty of room for guest that invite them selves over:blushing:..

We can sneak on to the CCC sites no problems ..the trailer is hidden behind the RV so they often do not see that it brings us over 32' long..:001_rolleyes:

But no I do not have a problem of being the smallest or near the smallest.. As I say I had a Ram day van .. and they are great.. love to own a Pleasureway... say the 22' with the b ig body on it as an every day drive... one day perhaps.

we got our first RV last year mid 2009
i have had euro morothomes and caravans for 20+year so getting the rv was real treat

I thought it was bigbeing 27 feet long and 8 feet wide
untill we met up with the RVOC group at Oswestry in April 2010
well we where the smalest rv on the site looking very little next to the real 40 foot + rigs
ho well i am not sure i could feel safe driving a big rig and love our small RV.

hope to see all you big mother f******rs at Oswetry this year

yours

little ian & Carole heheheee

bingo_66

As I keep telling the misus, it's not the size of the pistol but the power of the shot that counts:biggrin:

If I tell her enough times, she might start to believe it one day:thumbup:

Got a shock when I opened this post, thought we had an old member return until I saw the date:blink:

Trekkin

As I keep telling the misus, it's not the size of the pistol but the power of the shot that counts:biggrin:

If I tell her enough times, she might start to believe it one day:thumbup:

Got a shock when I opened this post, thought we had an old member return until I saw the date:blink:
Me too

Though Bob was back, seems he did not like feeling the smallest?

Adrian

coling1965

I think we win this at 19ft long and seven wide. Dodge spotsman chassis cab with 360 5.9 engine and old school 3 speed auto, tiny compared with the monsters some of you lot own but it's our 1st RV , it's 70,s retro and we love it, not loads of space but everything works , it's comfortable and there's only the two of us, hopefully will be able to lose it amongst the giants at a meet next year.