Every days a learning day

Ruff Nomads

Subscriber
Have you been to the Elephant Sanctuary and Foz?
We’ve not even got that far yet :D We’re going to prize ourselves away from Llanes tomorrow and head down towards Gijón then do a bit of inland to Oviedo. I’ll remember Foz and see if the navigator fancies it on her itinerary.

Taffy on tour

Subscriber
We’re still messing around enjoying northern Spain before heading down to Portugal in a week or so probably. the only reason we’re going through Portugal is to visit a friend. Whilst on the road, we have heard some horror stories of various things coming out of Portugal. We’re not feint hearted by any means but getting stung with rediculous fines because their economy has crashed would spoil my day.
The economy has not crashed in fact its booming all you need to do is take a ticket at the booth and pay the other end and you won’t have a problem

Ruff Nomads

Subscriber
The economy has not crashed in fact its booming all you need to do is take a ticket at the booth and pay the other end and you won’t have a problem
Can’t see what difficult there. Take a ticket then pay for what you’ve used. Well that’s the same as everywhere else we go. I’m sure it’ll all be fine and after all I’m looking forward to catching up with an old Mucker so who cares.
problem is now Gijón, it’s yet another great place filled with surprises. I don’t think we’re ever coming home, besides it’s warmer here. 1st Nov in shorts and swimming in the sea And we’re still in the north. John Snow didn’t have it this good.

Ruff Nomads

Subscriber
We’ve just been sitting in a bar and chatting with a French man who lives in northern Spain, Gijón to be precises. He’s just travelling back from Portugal in his MH. We asked him about the cost of Portuguese Autopistas to which he replied. Yes they are very expensive, as is the petrol so. Fill up in Spain and drive slowly on the free roads. They are empty because everyone is in a hurry, we have motor homes to go and see things, you see bugger all rushing about on expensive autopistas.
anyway that’s the rough translation and he does have a point that was well taken. Especially after an evening of much wine and free tapas and a bill that gave change out of a tenner. Even with the crap exchange rate that this idiotic Brexit thing has left us with.
Viva España, Viva Portugal, and thank you for your hospitality. (y)

paul&debra

Subscriber
The Euro was worth 84p in 2003 and 2008. It is now worth 86p so every 860 euros you buy. You lose £20, not something I would lose sleep over. Yes it's been lower and higher, but is just up and down as usual. Another false claim by the disaffected.

Chris S-S

Subscriber
Looks like we may teach Foz tomorrow, maybe the day after. Anyway it looks nice so we’ll probable stay a night or so.
Don't use toll road's unless I have to, nice bars and restaurants across the road from the Marina, but they are shut till about 8pm in Foz and a nice Pizza Restaurant for lunch but busy with locals so might have to wait at the bar for a table.

Ruff Nomads

Subscriber
The Euro was worth 84p in 2003 and 2008. It is now worth 86p so every 860 euros you buy. You lose £20, not something I would lose sleep over. Yes it's been lower and higher, but is just up and down as usual. Another false claim by the disaffected.
Now there’s a Bo Jo answer. About the time that spineless idiot Cameron kicked all this off it was doing nicely at around 70p. Thing is we were living there then so we experienced first hand, over the next two years the cries from the beer swilling illegal immigrant brits at how their pensions are not buying as much beer since they voted out. Sun reading Numpties with no clear and reasoned idea as to how or why. Nothing’s changed.

Last edited:

paul&debra

Subscriber
Now there’s a Bo Jo answer. About the time that spineless idiot Cameron kicked all this off it was doing nicely at around 70p. Thing is we were living there then so we experienced first hand, over the next two years the cries from the beer swilling illegal immigrant brits at how their pensions are not buying as much beer since they voted out. Sun reading Numpties with no clear and reasoned idea as to how or why. Nothing’s changed.
Even then £10 in the hundred £100 in the thousand or even a £2.10 cup of coffee is now £2.30