Every days a learning day

RRV

Subscriber
We’ve been in Portugal for about 2 weeks now and it’s been a learning curve :)

Day1 pissing it down with rain
Day2 fined 100 euros for now wearing my seat belt!
Day3 fined 25 euros for losing the campsite card
Day4 fined 50 euros for not picking a ticket up on the toll road

Today - driving down the A2 we stopped just before the toll booths to oil a very annoying squeak on our door - a chap pulled up and asked if we were ok (official) we said yes thanks and continued to picked up our ticket - a few miles down the road we stopped at an aire for the night - the same guy knocked on our door about 2 hours later and told us that if we stayed here all night we would be fined “a small fortune” as the toll ticket we have is only valid for 12 hours !!!!! We’d be charged the toll charge from Spain - 100s euros

What a kind chap for going out of his way to tell us this as I couldn’t see anything to inform us of this. (Apart from Sone very small small print on the ticket) WHO READS THE TOLL TICKET!!!!!

so we headed off the A2 and are in an intermarche car park

This isn’t the same fir France or Spain but a lesson learned :)

car1966

Subscriber
Fuck Europe mate as they try an fuck us. Scuze language but they’ve been doing it since we helped in the wars yes two wars yes only two! I’d rather spend my Rv days in Britain NO HASSLE and greet countryside
Dont blame the people it the tits in there parliament same as here how many sh..ts houses have we got in parliament we have always tried to avoid the tolls roads as we travel but the welcome we have from the local,s is worth the outher trouble

Well then...

Day 1. You can not change the weather.

Day2. Same law in most countries, So your a naughty boy.

Day3. Can easy beleive it as we know you.

Day4. Silly boy for using toll roads.

Yes very nice chap, good to hear there are still decent persons in this world.

Stay safe and enjoy yourselves

Ruff Nomads

Subscriber
Dont blame the people it the tits in there parliament same as here how many sh..ts houses have we got in parliament we have always tried to avoid the tolls roads as we travel but the welcome we have from the local,s is worth the outher trouble
Also, Spain and Portugal were not in the war. They were both Neutral and if anything they have been abused by ignorant pissed brits as illegal immigrants in their country more than they’ve abused the U.K.

monacosteve

Subscriber
We got chased by toll booth guy because he missed smart car on the back of rv,
Ran up the side banging on side of the motorhome for 1euro in France and guy in Spain called cops on us because of the aframe,
They let us go without a fine.
(Jobsworths)

Ruff Nomads

Subscriber
We’ve been in Portugal for about 2 weeks now and it’s been a learning curve :)

Day1 pissing it down with rain
Day2 fined 100 euros for now wearing my seat belt!
Day3 fined 25 euros for losing the campsite card
Day4 fined 50 euros for not picking a ticket up on the toll road

Today - driving down the A2 we stopped just before the toll booths to oil a very annoying squeak on our door - a chap pulled up and asked if we were ok (official) we said yes thanks and continued to picked up our ticket - a few miles down the road we stopped at an aire for the night - the same guy knocked on our door about 2 hours later and told us that if we stayed here all night we would be fined “a small fortune” as the toll ticket we have is only valid for 12 hours !!!!! We’d be charged the toll charge from Spain - 100s euros

What a kind chap for going out of his way to tell us this as I couldn’t see anything to inform us of this. (Apart from Sone very small small print on the ticket) WHO READS THE TOLL TICKET!!!!!

so we headed off the A2 and are in an intermarche car park

This isn’t the same fir France or Spain but a lesson learned :)
We’re still messing around enjoying northern Spain before heading down to Portugal in a week or so probably. the only reason we’re going through Portugal is to visit a friend. Whilst on the road, we have heard some horror stories of various things coming out of Portugal. We’re not feint hearted by any means but getting stung with rediculous fines because their economy has crashed would spoil my day.